ISB PGP , Why you? Essay, 400 words; a worthy member of the prestigious students' pool of ISB

ApoorvaG 1 / -  
If we were to admit just one more candidate to the Postgraduate Programme (PGP) at the ISB, why should it be you?<b></b>

A hard working and intellectual woman who believes in being a perfectionist is how I describe myself. I prefer going an extra mile to get any work done in the best way possible once I pounce on it. I am a go-getter and believe in learning from failures to rise high in life.

Excelling in academics throughout school and college has developed in me the zeal to be on the top and has taught me the nitty-gritties of a hectic schedule as in the first year itself I had my hands on every co-curricular activity possible. Leading the marketing department of Enactus Ramjas , a social entrepreneurship organization directly impacting the lives of women dwelling in slums and the LGBT by providing them means of employment, has helped me realize the satisfaction and ecstasy one feels by bringing smiles on the faces of the ones deprived of it. Working with a team of fourty individuals to grab the runners up trophy at the Enactus Nationals 2015 and leading a team of ten in the marketing department to execute two extensive marketing strategies has groomed my leadership, managerial and marketing skills. Organizing managerial events in college, and interning at S.Chand Harcourt Pvt. Ltd ,WeChat and Hangrr, has groomed me in more ways than making me a team player and helping me learn time management skills.

Taking up the responsibility of testing the entire quarterly sales of an international client at work won me recognition of being meticulous and an eager learner. My senior on our counterpart team in the U.S. awarded me accolades when, on being the youngest in the team, I initiated communication with him to solve the queries that were hindering timely completion of work. Also, within two months of joining office, I led a team of ten professionals from different domains of Deloitte to counsel students of varied age groups at the Apparel Training & Design Centre on time management, resume writing, communication and interview skills.

These experiences and learnings make me a worthy member of the prestigious students' pool of ISB where I can develop my analytical and leadership skills. I expect to actively contribute to the Finance/Consulting and Arts Club of ISB as they align with my Post-MBA career goals and my personal goals. I am confident of leveraging the opportunities at ISB so as to make a lasting impact on ISB and on my life.
gmuturi 4 / 8  
... and has taught me the nitty-gritty of a hectic schedule ...

Working with a team of forty individuals to grab the runners-up trophy at the Enactus ...

I accept to actively contribute to ...
In paragraph 3, you have the chance to set yourself apart from the other applicants of the essay. How do you that? First, you name the international client that you handled. Then, you tell the reviewer the name of the award that you received. If it was an accolade, explain if you received a formal form of appreciation for your work. The part of the essay after that is not really impressive. It could just be because of your presentation or the event is really not significant in such an important paper.

In truth, there is actually no information in this paper that "pops" to the attention of the reader. It is hard to say that the essay is strong because it lacks an interesting hook for the reviewer to latch on to. We need something in the essay that will call attention to a strong skill, trait, or talent of yours which might give you a chance to win the student slot. I am just not sure what that can be at this moment. Do you have any ideas we can play with for that part of the essay?

Home / Undergraduate / ISB PGP , Why you? Essay, 400 words; a worthy member of the prestigious students' pool of ISB