Italy has welcomed many tourists from America - how you could enrich AUR's community

celinamarie 1 / -  
Math has always been my strong point, so when it comes to writing I could use all the advice I can get! It would be great if you could give me some feedback on my application essay. Any tips will be appreciated!

AUR strives to prepare students from around the world to live and work across cultures. This goal is achieved by integrating academic excellence, cutting edge educational technology and outreach to the community of Rome into its liberal arts and professional programs. Given this statement, how do you think you could enrich AUR's diverse and inclusive community and what are your hopes for your university experience?

Italy has welcomed many tourists from America, where the Italians get the chance to enrich them with their culture and lifestyle. I would like to be given the opportunity to be more than just a tourist, and become part of the Italian community. I would not only share my culture with the Italians, but share my recent life experiences with the other students. I am currently living in Australia as an Au Pair for a year, and I can honestly say it has already changed my life. I would enjoy the opportunity to share my life experience of growing up in the states as well as living in Australia. I am intrigued to see what the working life is like in Italy. I would jump at the opportunity to experience the working programs that are provided there.

I have always had the desire to travel, but have only recently discovered the opportunities to do so. Travelling allows for one to learn about new places and lifestyles, as well as learn new things about themselves along the way. Within the past couple years, exploring the unknown has attracted my attention. Similar to the typical college student, I have attended one year at an out of state university and enjoyed it. Yet, I wasn't as happy as I thought I was going to be. I want to keep up with my studies whilst travelling and I cannot imagine a better way to accomplish both of these goals than attending school in a different country. I hope to not only advance my education, but learn about the culture and lifestyle in Italy. I have not taken Italian before, but I think it is a beautiful language and I would enjoy learning it. There is so much culture and history in Rome that it has driven me to choose a university in this location. I would like to graduate from college and be able to say that I have had a life changing experience. I want to walk away with memories that will last a lifetime; with stories that do not revolve around partying, but learning a new culture, language, and way of life. Attending a smaller college in another country will allow me to build closer bonds with peers and faculty, as well as have the opportunity to interact with the locals. Just the thought of being considered to attend a school in Rome has made me anxious and excited. A year ago I never would have thought that I could be presented with such an amazing opportunity.
I am currently living in Australia as an Au Pair for a year, and I can honestly say it has already changed my life.

Isn't it better if you tell them how it changed your life? Is it positive or negative?
I suggest;
... it has already changed my personality by broadening my perspectives.

Travelling allows for one to learn aboutexplore new places, cultures and lifestyles, as well aslearn new things about themselves along the way.while giving a great opportunity to know himself better along with this experience.

Home / Undergraduate / Italy has welcomed many tourists from America - how you could enrich AUR's community