James A. Michener quote - The introduction of Texas A&M university in Qatar's essay

teskyeh 1 / 2  
I want to enter texas A&M university in Qatar.
is this a good introduction for the essay
I am Abdulrhman Teskyeh, a hardworking student. I am keen to study Engineering at the Texas A&M University at Qatar and enthused to be a member in its lovely family. "Scientists dream about doing great things. Engineers do them" (James A. Michener). That is what I am, an achiever, a person who gets things done with vigor and efficaciousness. My reason for taking up Engineering first up has been simply a phenomenon of my own selfishness and eagerness.

please help
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) You are off to a great start. I will give you a suggestion- present yourself in the best light which means: let the admissions officials know that you are a person with a plan. Explain what skills and qualities you possess, what your intended major is and how you became interested in this subject, say how college will help you gain the skills to begin a career in the field you major in, then, explain your short term and long term goals, and then tell them how college will be a stepping stone on the path to your career goals. You are a person with a plan. Good luck in school :)

Home / Undergraduate / James A. Michener quote - The introduction of Texas A&M university in Qatar's essay