'Jerry Maguire' - What intrigues you?-NYU essay prompt

s_choi 1 / -  
This is my first draft for NYU.
Tell me what should I improve and give me some advises

B. What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.) and explain its significance to you. (1,500 Characters)

Jerry Maguire rejuvenated my dream of pursuing my career in soccer industry. When I was young, becoming a super star soccer player was my dream, because people in the stadium take photo of me, and cheer for me. However, soon I realized that dream I cannot fulfilled, not only because I am not good enough to be one, but also because my parents wanted me to study to get a job that makes stable income. Still, I did not want to give up my dream to pursue my career in soccer.

During the winter break in 2009, I watched a movie called Jerry Maguire, a movie about sports agents. Rod Tidwell, Jerry Maguire's only client, is a mediocre football player. Even though Tidwell wants high salary, the number one perspective of his life is Kwan, which means package of love, respect, and community. Tidwell and his wife love each other and care each other more than money, which intrigued me a lot. All my life, money was the number one perspective. I thought the amount of money I earn will prove how much I success, not the relationship between people around me. Jerry Maguire and Rod Tidwell's relationship were not great at the beginning, because they were different. However, each of them adjusted to each other, which led both of them to success. Dorothy Boyd, who is Jerry's wife, left the agency with Jerry, even though she could earn more money at the agency. She chooses to leave, because she wanted to work with Jerry, and that was what really matter for her. By the end of the movie, I thought that do not chase for money, because money is not everything. What really matter is people who are around you and do what you really like.
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Hello,

NYU is not looking for a summary of the word of fiction or art, but rather how it has inspired you. Focus more of the essay on what have you done since being inspired. Show NYU the steps you have taken to fulfill your new-found aspirations. -AAO

Hope this helps

Home / Undergraduate / 'Jerry Maguire' - What intrigues you?-NYU essay prompt