'journalism and media' - USC Supplement for Academic Interests in Journalism

emilyc28 5 / 33  
My love for journalism sprouted during my earliest days of grade school and developed as I entered high school. Post junior year, I attended the CCNMA multicultural journalism boot camp where I shadowed professional journalists and broadcasters from San Diego. While creating layouts with the front page editor of the Union Tribune and producing newscasts with NBC 7, I realized journalism is my form of expression and contribution to society.

At USC's Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism, I will pursue a career in international journalism and media. The core curriculum at Annenberg targets print and digital journalism, the foundation of my dream. If admitted, I hope to attend Annenberg's international journalism program in London, England during spring to further my education and experience. To enhance my global knowledge, I plan to double major in international studies. I hope to become part of the online staff for the Daily Trojan.

Any criticism/suggestions would be great!
nalatieer 1 / 3  
Hello Emily! Good work, it's clear that you really want to get in and you have a plan, but I think your essay lacks emotion...You didn't explain why you like journalism, except for facts and facts. Does it have a word limit? I think you can elaborate more on how your love for journalism sprouted during grade school and why you think journalism is special for you...What do you think?

Can you help me with my essay? Thanks :)
suzeroonie 3 / 17 1  
I agree with nalatieer. You do a good job of talking about the experiences you've had with journalism and the things that USC can provide, but elaborate on what it is about journalism that makes you really passionate about it. Good luck :) I'd appreciate any help with my essays.
OP emilyc28 5 / 33  
I forgot to post the prompt for this essay.

Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections. (1000 characters)

Should I still include an elaboration of my passion or should it be more straightfoward?
chachaa02 - / 1  
The mission of studying JOURNALISM in university

What is the mission of studying journalism in university?
Do they have the goal in their future career?
peyman_np 6 / 15 1  
What do you mean by this? Absolutely they have. Journalism is not my field, but I worked on it for a while. It is fantastic. Challenging conditions make you a complete man. With a lot of different experiences which can help you during your life.

Home / Undergraduate / 'journalism and media' - USC Supplement for Academic Interests in Journalism