I didn't want to judge a school by its rankings online - Why Emory?

putnam7 2 / 3  
Hey guys i have this short answer that i would like to get checked if anyone can help me that would be wonderful. Favors will be returned.

1. What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified? Please limit your response to 250 words.

I was shocked; I had no idea that Emory's quality would surpass its rivals located in the northern regions. I always resented the fact that the modern high school student thought the ivies were the only good colleges around. I didn't want to judge a school by its rankings online; I wanted to picture myself in an environment where I could succeed. Emory was the school that I had wanted all along. A college that carried the southern principles of hospitality and also had world recognized staff. I want to be a part of that whole experience because Learning has a different perspective in my eyes. I yearn to be a part of something bigger and better. I desire to gain knowledge that could be sustained not only in my future workspace, but also in my daily activities. So I envision a college where I could learn from the best like former president Jimmy Carter. I want a college that utilizes a program where every event is announced, similar to learn link. I need a home away from home, the beautiful city of Atlanta. A college which celebrates its best, the Scholars Program. Emory combined quality and knowledge to produce something unique. That is why someday I want to call myself an Emory Alumni and carry its principles into the depths of humanity.
AmazingEK 2 / 4  
This is without a doubt a great essay!

But I would like to see more of your personality than mere facts about Emory .

Home / Undergraduate / I didn't want to judge a school by its rankings online - Why Emory?