A Jungle of thought - UVA supplement

aerielm 6 / 14  
Hey guys! The prompt is what is your favorite place to get lost in? roughly 250 words. Edit and comments please!

The world slips from underneath my feet as I feel myself being transported to a place far away from the stresses and worries of reality. Still conscious, but not completely aware of my surroundings, I involuntarily venture into the vast jungle of my inner thoughts. In this jungle lies every aspiration I have ever hoped for come true, every wish I have ever wanted granted and every desire I have ever craved turned reality. There is no better place to wander aimlessly around than the boundless, infinite world of my daydreams. It always happens suddenly, without my noticing. One minute I will be stuck on a calculus problem and the next I will be stumbling over the limbs of my fanciful thoughts and delirious scenarios that make up the wistful jungle of my mind. Amongst the bushels of vegetation, green with imagination, lay delicate transparent webs of thought, so intricately woven and connected, as if made of the most stunning of lace. Each strand containing a new and exciting rumination, a profoundly brilliant revelation. These webs that lay deep within the vast jungle are where I nestle myself and escape. The winds carry me far away from any remnants of reality, any fragments of stress, until they are nothing more than dots scattered on the ground below. Before I know it I have drifted off into the distance, floating amongst the clouds, not a clue where I am or where I'm going; content and blissful, lost in thought.
amer77 1 / 6  
Great essay. Great use of words. But maybe you should give an example of a specific daydream that was useful to you and encouraged you to stop and persue it. The administration at UVA would probably like that. But other than that great work.
maroon5 9 / 57  
WOW... u really have a way with words...i had to re-read your wave of cardboard essay again just to remind myself of how good u actually are...okay, now that i have done enough kissing-up(kidding)...i'll tell u what i think

While your writing is brilliantly descriptive and capable of painting vivid pictures, I just feel as though u shud include some of the aspirations or wishes that u talk about at the beginning of the essay...it could be something very small ( like dyeing your hair pink...i don't know) or something huge( like curing cancer or something). The essay as it stands dosen't tell me a lot about yourself and that will only come about if u tell me about your aspirations and cravings...I will disagree with the previous poster who suggested that u include a specific instance,,,i feel as though it will be better if u make several small references to your dreams that u can see etched in the webs or something...GREAT JOB AND GOOD LUCK

Please Look Over MY Amherst Supplement

Home / Undergraduate / A Jungle of thought - UVA supplement