"Junior Reporter" - commonapp short answer - it's too long

jjmmklm 1 / 1  
In the space provided below, please elaborate on one of your activities (extracurricular, personal activities, or work experience)

(150 words or fewer)

can anyone just help me shorten this while still maintaining an understanding of my activity? [which is very unique and so needs a good explanation]

thanx in advance

+ is the commonapp short answer supposed to be written creatively like a mini essay? or just a straightforward plain boring answer?

-----
Throughout my town, I'm known as the "Junior Reporter" for my local newspaper, the Brick Township Communicator. I had made my debut on February 4, 2004 with my essay and cartoon making the biweekly's front page. And ever since, the newspaper's editor has been kind enough to reserve an entire page for my articles and activities. Now I've created plenty of crafts and games for my younger readers to partake in. (I'm especially notorious for my knotty mazes.) But I've also reported on issues with topics ranging from local fundraisers to this year's Olympics! In the past, I've written scathing movie reviews for recently released films, horror tales especially for Halloween, and (at the editor's urging) an article regarding the affects of Hurricane Katrina, all for thousands of people to read! This last notion is personally quite ironic considering how taciturn I originally was as a kid. Nevertheless, over the years, I've grown fairly accustomed to wielding the power of a journalist. And this power-this voice-in my community has consequently helped me to strengthen my own whether I now use it to describe the news or speak my mind.
"This last notion is personally quite ironic considering how taciturn I originally was as a kid. Nevertheless, over the years, I've grown fairly accustomed to wielding the power of a journalist. And this power-this voice-in my community has consequently helped me to strengthen my own, whether I now use it to describe the news or speak my mind.
OP jjmmklm 1 / 1  
this is the revised edition

can anyone just tell me (1) if its well written? (2) if you get a *good* idea of what i do as the "Junior Reporter"?

----------

Every word I typed could bring me deeper into the public's line of fire. Was the power and responsibility of a journalist too great for a seventh grader? My local newspaper's editor didn't think so and accordingly established the "Kid's Page" for any essays I submitted for publication. Throughout my town, I'm known as the "Junior Reporter" of the Brick Township Communicator. My articles' topics have ranged from local fundraisers to this year's Olympics! In the past, I've written scathing movie reviews for recently released films, horror tales especially for Halloween, and a report regarding the effects of Hurricane Katrina, all for my entire town to read. In addition, I've created plenty of crafts and games for my younger audience to partake in. (I'm especially notorious for my knotty mazes.) The Communicator is only published once every other week, but each time it is, it extends my voice to thousands.
Hi!
This is well written and interesting! You explained it all very well and don't seem to have anything in there you don't need.

good luck

:)
One minor grammatical fix: "horror tales (especially for Halloween)," You need something to set off the extra clause, but commas would be confusing.

Home / Undergraduate / "Junior Reporter" - commonapp short answer - it's too long