'Keep waiting' - Stanford Essay to my room mate.... Charley te t33.

riskatun 4 / 6  
This is my Stanford Supplement. - Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better.

Charley te tee? (That's Ga for "how are you doing pal").Yes I'm Ghanaian and no newbie to the roomie experience - Four years of boarding school made certain of that - so I doubt I will be any trouble. Well here goes my introduction to self. I'm the "place the pen in the first orifice of the holder "guy; the "straighten my bed immediately after getting up, even if it is afternoon" guy. I must confess though that in as much as I enjoy the satiating calm that accompanies orderliness, I occasionally give in to my more chaotic self. So don't be too surprised when you find last week's musky sock tucked somewhere beneath my mattress - it is simply my alter-being winning against sanity. Plus hey! Everyone does enjoy a little bedlam now and then. I am the semi-overt type; not hesitating to jam to "All Right Now" at future Cardinal Games, yet crawling readily back to reticence and self-absorption when my more conservative inclinations dominate. Like most guys my age, I enjoy late night banters on soccer or some totally rad topic over a cup of coffee, while trying to work my way through an assignment on simple harmonic motion or conical pendulums. On some nights, you might chance upon murmurs of "avada kedavra, levicorpus, or flippendo," while I sleep; aftermaths of my eternal devotion to fantasy and The Harry Potter Septology. Most importantly though, I am defined by my love for culture and tradition; African clothes, dance and food totally dominate my interests and world outlook. My people's adinkra symbols, "FUNTUNFUNEFU and ESE NE TEKREMA," both signifying friendship and unity in diversity , have been threaded into a neck piece I wear each day; a neckpiece I look forward to passing on to you even as much as I desire to learn about your culture. So yeah," Mi ne". "Abaa na bo" pal. (That's about it. See you later pal.)
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
Hi, Richard)

"Charley Te t33 ?" (how is that exactly pronounced? you don't want an admission officer to have problems with that)

I think you shouldn't infuse your letter with slang or whatever that might cause difficulty in understanding

Alright then. Got to run! My ampesi and palava sauce await - yes, cheffed by yours truly. "Abaa na bo" (later) then - Ampesi with a side plate of Trudi Canavan's, "The Magicians Guild," must not be kept waiting.

Well, this sentence for me means nothing, it kinda tells nothing about you.

For now, I think your letter is too short. The limit is like 2000 characters and you used up only 750. I am not saying the letter should be long, but you might want to elaborate on your, for example, food geekiness.
KhanhZ 5 / 131 7  
The new version of your essay is much better, much more juicy and vubrant. Nice.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Keep waiting' - Stanford Essay to my room mate.... Charley te t33.