'a kid in a faraway land in South America' - UVA transfer

Killdadevil 1 / 3  
---How do your possible career or professional plans relate to your planned course of study? Limit your answer to one page. If you are applying to the College of Arts and Sciences and are undecided about your major, indicate your general area of interest.

- by the way I chose Political plans relate to my course of study.
Dream
As a kid in a faraway land in South America, I always dreamed of obtaining the best education and someday achieve an important political position. I remember the days that I would walk to school in the small town of Montero in Santa Cruz, Bolivia dreaming of the freedom I could bring to my fellow Bolivians through my education and political ambition. When I arrived in the United States in 2003 I saw myself a step closer into my dream of one day returning triumphant to the abused land that I call mine, "mi tierra." My first years in the United States were of hardship and many hours of solitude in a world as strange as Mars. I still recall the hours I would spend in my room reading through simple sentences and trying to understand those scribbles that would give my brain a nuclear holocaust. Though I often felt excluded, those turbulent years of high-school taught me the most about myself.

As I started my College career at Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) I came to realize that I needed to move fast if I wanted to achieve my goals. During my 2nd semester at NOVA I went to a college fair, and upon stopping at the University of Virginia booth I saw all my childhood dreams turn into a possibility. As the representative described the wonders of UVA and the incredible Darden School of Business I envisioned myself growing through hard work and dedication in a University that would give me the educational foundation that would support the pursuit of my business and political career. Through the education obtained at UVA and the hard work that I can put into my dream I can start building the economic knowledge I need to fulfill my dream of improving the economic hardship my country is going through. However, I feel the only way to reach my goal is to gain acceptance into the College of Arts and Sciences and to nourish my mind in the great educational atmosphere of the school.
As a kid in a faraway land in South America, I always dreamed of obtaining the best education and someday achieving an important political position.

When I arrived in the United States in 2003, I saw myself a step closer in to my dream of one day returning triumphant to the abused land that I call mine, "mi tierra."

My first years in the United States were full of hardship and many hours of solitude in a world as strange as Mars.

As the representative described the wonders of UVA and the incredible Darden School of Business, I envisioned myself...

Through the education obtained at UVA and the hard work that I can put into my dream, I can start building...

:)
OP Killdadevil 1 / 3  
thank you so much for your reply! those were some rookie mistakes! :D

Home / Undergraduate / 'a kid in a faraway land in South America' - UVA transfer