'I always knew... what I wanted to do...' Motivation Letter for Research Summer School

mancho 1 / 1 1  
Hello,
Happy new year and Merry Christmas to all.
I am writing motivation letter for research summer school. English is not my native. If someone reads my essay could you tell me your opinion.ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thank you in advance

First of all let me introduce myself. I am ...., 21 years old, citizen of .... People who know me characterize me as highly disciplined person, with a sense of responsibility. There are no minor details in the process of gaining knowledge for me. I like working on myself as well as I always take an advice from professionals, with respect to the specific issue. Being late is unacceptable for me and any other non serious dependence towards important issues. Despite difficulties, I always know exactly what I want and there are no obstacles for me in reaching my goals. However, I understand that I can't always meet a deadline. I have many friends, who can always trust me and who know that I will always do my best. I have never had best close friend neither a girl nor a boy, maybe, because I demand high personal characteristics from people or maybe the reason is just not having enough time for friends. On the other hand I would like to emphasis my shortcomings. Generally ,I more easily make contact with older people than with people of my age, probably because I can learn more from them. I regard as my defect,that I cannot get into relationship very soon; some people consider such character as my haughtiness, but I think haughtiness is a serious defect of a person. I like working in a calm and cozy atmosphere and I prefer spending my free time with my family and friends. Some people say that I have a good sense of humor, but I show this rarely, and I generally believe that there are no large and small problems, but there are difficult and simple ways of solving these problems.

I always knew from my early ages what I wanted to do, when and why. I was enrolled in a special physics - mathematical school through passing exams to prepare foundation for the next stage. I think that school period was very successful for me and this was approved by gaining silver medal and the results that I have shown at Nationals Exams and gained 100% financing of my study at the University. Together with the age I realized impossibility of fulfilling my childhood dream. I realized that Neurosurgery for me as a person with such physical ability would be difficult if not impossible. But this has not changed my basic subject of interest. Neuroscience, any practical or theoretical expression of it, has always been a central subject of my interests.The three years of University studies, did not pass without result, as I already mentioned for me there are no important and less important issues in education, I treated seriously teaching all subjects and for this reason, my efforts were not lost and found myself in the ranks of the Presidential Fellows. Since my future intentions are not related to practical neurosurgery as a doctor, but would like to work in neuroscience on a high level, I plan to work in this direction, and my primary goal is Phd degree in Molecular Neuroscience. For enrolling at desired University on Graduate Program I am actually preparing for GRE exams in general as well as in a subject part. I understand very well that in this kind of programes an advantage are given to Biomedical Science's students , I know that I cannot compete only by my medical knowledge with them. Therefore I am using different educating online programs from various leading Universities that are available for everyone. So far I have successfully passed courses in Calculus, Statistics and Programming. At present I am passing course offered by Harvard University about Electronic Properties of Neurons. From the start of January I have registered at Biostatistics, Linear Algebra, Neuro-pharmacology, Medical Neuro-science and Methods of Bio-informatics courses.

In spite of busy regime, this has not influenced my University success and I am on A and A+ level even now in all subjects.

For taking practical laboratory knowledge I am working at Ivane Beritashvili Experimental Biomedicine Center as a volunteer. I receive too much new from every day of working there.

All this serves to my main goal. I will be happy if I get a chance of participating in your summer school. Due to this program I would like to study new research methods, understand much more towards specific issues. Working in a laboratory this means to study or understand new, new and again new things, to follow mechanisms non-understandable before. I have a great desire of sharing an experience of people who have reached success in the field of Neuro-biology. I am sure that this program ,except knowledge and new relationships, will provide me with the shortcomings of my knowledge that I should improve and this is only possible in case of having relationships with the best students of various universities and specialists of your favorite field. This summer school is very important for me for continuing my work successfully.
Cavinstrivehard 1 / 3  
***I am not a professional but this is only my point of view, you can accept it if you want. Thank you^^***

I like working on myself as well as taking advices from the professionals(I always take an advice from professionals)
I experience many new from everyday of working in there (I receive too much new from every day of working there.)

Home / Undergraduate / 'I always knew... what I wanted to do...' Motivation Letter for Research Summer School