My essay on what i don't know about medicine

vampires4lyf 1 / -  
Topic: French novelist Anatole France wrote: "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't." What don't you know?

What don't I know? Having only lived for less than two decades, there is so much that I haven't learned or even begun to comprehend, that even listing what I don't know would exceed 500 words, or even pages. There are areas of medical knowledge that I do not understand such as how medicines and vaccines can remedy specific diseases. I admit that I wouldn't know to truly restore sick patients to health beyond providing them with band-aids or Tylenol. I don't know how to approach someone ill and in need of intensive care, and leave him or her healed and well again. According to Anatole France, being able to distinguish what you don't know between what you do know is an education. Reading his quote and writing this essay made me realize that I don't have all of the knowledge that a skilled, trained physician must have. However, it has linked what I haven't learned to what I do understand and what I am willing to know. I do know that treating a patient requires compassion, feeling, and not merely linking the person's symptoms to whatever sickness or infection they correspond to. I am very determined to know how to apply my knowledge of science and the human body to curing and alleviating anyone in poor health.

This is a supplementary essay for one of my colleges. Are there any punctuation or grammatical errors? Do any sentences need to be added or removed? Please be harsh, thanks.
zrabbat93 1 / 3  
The grammar you used is correct.

I would say : AnalyzingReading his quote and writing this essay made me realize that I don't have all of the knowledge that a skilled,

Its a personal choice
Good luck

Home / Undergraduate / My essay on what i don't know about medicine