'to get knowledge of arts and social sciences' - Providence College

iamhelpless 4 / 7  
Please comment and make grammatical corrections:

Question:
Please attach a statement with any other information regarding your interest in Providence College that you believe would be helpful to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application.

Answer:

I went to the school that is considered one of the best institutions of the nation where academics and discipline came first. The blend of these two factors has shaped me into who I am today. While I knew that the curriculum of Providence was shaped by seven centuries of experience and workout and that it committed to stimulate the intellectual, spiritual, moral, aesthetic and social development of each student, it came to me so abruptly that Providence is where I've always wanted to go.

Even though I have an aim to become a mechanical engineer, I always wanted to go to a liberal arts college so as to get knowledge of arts and social sciences along with mathematics and physics. Interestingly, Providence provided me with not just 3+2 but 4+2 program where I could finish liberal arts and get another university of my choice to finish engineering within two years. In addition to it, I found the courses even compelling as I went through the catalogue.

From my research, most students at Providence have conveyed the message that once they came to Providence, they would not want to transfer anywhere. What a satisfying place! Providence being a city of art, culture and history is located central to major cities like Boston and New York which makes it a perfect place for incoming international students. Providence's promise for community and caring is the most important factor for an international student like me who is moving thousands of miles away from home. I was very glad to know that this college also keeps an aim to help community so actively through social service and volunteer program. Since I have always been involved in community and social service, it would be only worthwhile to join a college where the same can continue in future.

There is much more than just an undergraduate degree in Providence; it is a complete package which according to me will transform anyone in the end of four years, making him a complete person- a better version of himself.
oko 1 / 26  
This is wonderful! Beautifully written, it was a pleasure to read... I loved it!

You should definately get admission to the institute! If you don't I will DIE!! :D
Wish you the best of luck!
dzung_0809 1 / 6  
Awesome essay, well written.
Just wonder in this case "not just 3+2 but 4+2 program". Why dont u put 5 and 6? If a number is smaller than 10, you should write it in characters like five and six.

Anyway, best of luck!

Home / Undergraduate / 'to get knowledge of arts and social sciences' - Providence College