'..my knowledge of Yale is wholly derived from media' Yale answers - International student

dorbaruch 3 / 6 1  
What in particular about Yale has influenced your decision to apply? (Please answer in 100 words or less)
All my knowledge of Yale is wholly derived from media - absent any personal acquaintance. And yet, something about Yale was different and impressed me from the first moment I read about it. I'm enchanted by both the idea that one might pursue high-level studies of infinite, diverse topics in one institution and the unusual residential system the university offers. I doubt not that Yale is different and unique; an immediate, unfathomable sense of belonging awoke and resounded within me as I delved into the details. Despite obvious distance, I am convinced Yale is where I wish to be.

Please respond in 150 characters (roughly 25 words) or fewer to each of the questions below:

a. You have been granted a free weekend next month. How will you spend it?
The Israeli national FIRST robotics competition is in a few months, so I would spend my free time mentoring the students in my previous robotics team.

b. What is something about which you have changed your mind in the last three years?
'Cheesy' romantic movies. I once couldn't stand them, but now I consider them my favorite genre.

c. What is the best piece of advice you have received while in high school?
It's better to try and fail than to never know and always wonder

d. What do you wish you were better at being or doing?
I am terrible at reaching places, even if I have been there once before. At times it seems as if my brain is physically incapable of remembering directions.

e. What is a learning experience, in or out of the classroom, that has had a significant impact on you?
My journey to the WWII concentration camps in Poland left a striking impression on me as I got a glimpse to the horrors the Jewish people experienced.

Thank you very much!
chelles 1 / 1  
I think that your short answers are pretty good! However, I'm not sure about the why yale thing, maybe you could be more specific. I know that Yale deadline is today, but I think you'll do pretty fine! Good luck =)

Please, if you can, look at my columbia supplement as well, I would appreciate it a lot
All my knowledge of Yale is wholly derived from media - absent any personal acquaintance.

My knowledge about Yale is limited to what I learned from media about the university.

And yet, something about Yale was different and impressed me from the first moment I read about it.

...Better combine these two lines.

The Israeli National FIRST Robotics competition would take place in a few months. I would spend my free week for mentoring the members of my previous robotics team.

Home / Undergraduate / '..my knowledge of Yale is wholly derived from media' Yale answers - International student