Labor vs. International Relations!

ddragonx34 7 / 22  
Hey guys can you just give me some corrections/thoughts on this last paragraph? Thanks!

The School of Industrial and Labor Relations (ILR) matches me perfectly. My strong passion for the social sciences compliments ILR's approach towards the study of labor and economy. As an ambassador, extensive knowledge in these areas is crucial. Nevertheless, what intrigues me most about the School of Industrial and Labor Relations is its ability to nurture those with a wide range of interests. With its interdisciplinary nature, ILR will prepare me for any possible challenge that I might encounter in my career. This aspect is also invaluable because of the unpredictable nature of global relations. I treasure this quality most because I know that with it, I can, once again, be the Superman that I have wanted to be.
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
the study of labor and economy

the studies of* ? unless it's just one study...

As an ambassador, extensive knowledge in these areas is crucial. Nevertheless, what intrigues me most about the School of Industrial and Labor Relations is its ability to nurture those with a wide range of interests.

the nevertheless statement doesn't fit exactly. and did u mention the ambassador topic earlier? "its ability to nurture those with a wide range of interests." what does this mean? that ILR nurtures __what__ with interests? <I'm confused here>

anypossible challenge

This aspect is also invaluable because of the unpredictable nature of global relations.

if possible, combine w. previous sentence?

I treasure this quality most because I know that with it, I can, once again, be the Superman that I have wanted to be.

Hope you mentioned this earlier too.

It's fine as a conclusion, but what was the prompt? somewhat stands alone here, and that doesn't make it sound as nice
OP ddragonx34 7 / 22  
Thank you! I did mention both the ambassador and Superman topic earlier.
I really appreciate it.

Oh. the prompt- School of Industrial and Labor Relations:
Describe your intellectual interests, their evolution, and what makes them exciting to you. In your essay please address how the ILR curriculum will help you fulfill these interests and your long-term goals.
aquamarine84 2 / 3  
I still feel like it lacks a concrete voice of who you are. Illustrative examples of the field you want to go into would help considerably, again, SHOW them that you are passionate and unique, don't TELL them.

Home / Undergraduate / Labor vs. International Relations!