Lafayette's rigorous economics program emphasizing on the global contemporary issues attracts me.

MrsOng 2 / 3  

Why Lafayette?

(20-200 words)

Lafayette's rigorous economics program emphasizing on the global contemporary issues attracts me. I profoundly take care of what is happening around the world; therefore, it is suitable for me to have an education through the liberal-arts lens to achieve a global mindset. On campus, I will have chances to collaborate with professors as research assistants through the EXCEL Scholars undergraduate research program. These research help me not only build strong bonds with professors, further explore and understand the role of social, political and science in the economics world but also potentially have professional advancement. Outside the class, I will have many opportunities to participate in Lafayette's EEGLP, which use interdisciplinary aspect of an economics to solve contemporary problems locally toward globally. There is also The Investment Club, which practices for my skills of investing, making decisions, observing to prepare and get familiar with my intended career. I want to be an innovative student who possesses characteristics of a leader to inspire others to generate global solutions and has the perspective to tackle the entire world outside my economics domain. So why not choose Lafayette as my destination but also my beginning in the next four years?

Thank in advance!
Hien, do not close this essay with a question. Are you seriously expecting the reviewer to respond to you? This is not a casual conversation, this is a formal interview in written form. Closing with a question gives this a casual tone that is not acceptable in an academic setting. Remove that question. That makes your essay sound over confident and condescending upon the reviewer.

You have focused too much on the academic reasons for attending Lafayette. You neglected to show that you are going after a well rounded education that shows a social development alongside your professional network creation. Revise the essay to include some social reasons as to why you chose the university. Also, this particular line doesn't make sense so you have to rewrite it in a form that is understandable:

which use interdisciplinary aspect of an economics to solve contemporary problems locally toward globally

Did you mean "economics" without the "an" before it and "on a local to a global scale" instead?

Home / Undergraduate / Lafayette's rigorous economics program emphasizing on the global contemporary issues attracts me.