Lafayette Supp - Describe an academic or creative interest or accomplishment

BlessedHands23 4 / 8  
Mathematics has always been a subject that I loved. Ever since I was a child I loved Math and always tried to be a step ahead by always trying to learn new topics and go further in the class. In Jamaica to be placed into High School you must take an exam consisting of 4 tests, Math, English, Science and Social Studies with topics ranging from 4th grade to 6th grade. My highest test result was the one for Math getting above 90%. I was then placed into high school and Math was not my strongest subject in my first year. Actually, I ended up failing it and I could not determine the reason but I had to stop worrying and move on.

The next 4 years, my math grade improved significantly, rarely getting a grade below 85, this, in my school was an A. At first I put the blame to my low grade in my fist year on my teacher but he then taught me again in my final two years and I came to the conclusion that it wasn't 100% his fault but I couldn't say that there was no blame on him at all. In the Caribbean the final exams were done in 11th grade, your final year of high school. I did my Math exam a year before, getting a distinction which was the highest grade achievable. Since I did it privately, I had to do it over in 11th grade and I ended up getting the same grade. This came as no surprise to me.

I recently did Advanced Proficiency exams in Math as well as Chemistry, Computer Science and Communication Studies and to my surprise although I passed, Math was my lowest grade and I was very angry with myself. I even tried to query my grade but could not get all the documents in on time so I plan on doing it over this year. I have now realized that the reason why I didn't achieve the highest was not because I didn't know the topics, in fact I understood the topics quicker than most people, but it was because the practice I thought I did was just not enough and I suffered the consequences and learnt from my mistakes and I do not plan to let any time get away from me this year.
Ever Since I was a child,I've loved Math and always tried to be a step ahead by always trying to learn new topics and going further in the class.

In Jamaica to be placed into High School you must take an exam consisting of four tests, (write out the word here) Math, English, Science and Social Studies, with topics ranging...

Over the next four years, my math grade improved significantly, and rarely getting...

At first I put the blame for my low grade...

I have now realized that the reason why I didn't achieve higher grades was not because

...but it was because the studying I did was just not enough, and I suffered the consequences...
bioarch 1 / 2  
Mathematics has always been a subject that I loved.(You can delete that sentence, it "tells" without "showing", and is redundant with your next sentence.)Ever Since I was a child, I have loved Math and havealways tried to beavoid the verb "be", substitute with something like "stay" a step ahead by always trying to learning new topics and going further in the classclasses . In Jamaica, to be placed into High School you must take an exam consisting of 4 tests - Math, English, Science and Social Studies - with topics ranging from 4th grade level to 6th grade level . My highest test result was the one for Math,getting above 90%in which I scored above a 90% . I was then placed into high school and.However, math (lower case for math) was not my strongest subject in my first year. ActuallyIn fact , I ended up failing it and I could not determine the reason, but I had to stop worrying and move on.

Home / Undergraduate / Lafayette Supp - Describe an academic or creative interest or accomplishment