Speech and Language Pathologist or a Social Worker - dreams and aspirations

anadlt12 1 / -  
Can Somebody please read my prompt 1 essay??

The environment that one lives in contributes to ones character and choices. The environment I come from has affected me in a positive way and has shown me that obstacles can be overcame with enough dedication and perseverance. Children, especially those who are first generation, don't have an idea of how hard it is and continues to get harder to get into college. Unfortunately, others are affected by their poorly constructed environment in a negative way, which leads to making inadequate choices such as: gaining malevolent habits, initiating into gangs, and being badly influenced only making their lives and others harder. Once they realize their huge mistake they can't turn back. As young adults we make choices that can affect us in the future and others. With my family by my side, teaching me the right things one should live by, has made me the person I am today. My family, along with my environment, has helped me shape my dreams and aspirations that I pursue today.

Not only do I want a better future for my family and me but I also want a better life for others. My short term goal is to pursue my dream of going to college and become someone educated who can one day come back to Santa Ana and help children change their opinions of going to college and help them get there without their environment being a nuisance to them. I want children to know that the environment that they live in should make them both stronger physically and mentally. My parents have always told me that if I want to make changes, getting into college is the way to start. An immense amount of pressure has been loaded onto me because I will be the first to attend college from my family and I want to set an example to my brother and sister. I will help them pursue their dreams and support them in every step they take towards going to college.

My long term goals and aspiration in life are to become a Speech and Language Pathologist or a Social Worker because it's a way that I can travel around the world and help children who don't have the type of family guiding them in the right direction like I do. In one way or another I know that slowly I can get inside of others and help them make choices that will benefit them in the future. Whether, it is helping them look at the world differently or by simply helping them succeed in life and follow their dreams. I believe that if I can change at least one person that one person will change someone else's life and with those small changes one day their lives will be what they imagined.

I know that college can help me achieve my biggest dream by allowing me to expand my education. College can prepare me for the real world that I will have to deal with every day. By being more mentally prepared I will be able to make better choices for myself that will benefit me and others. I don't want to be remembered by someone who had dreams but as someone who overcame her obstacles, achieved her dreams and aspirations.
The environment I come from has affected me in a positive way and has shown me things that I don't let them bring me down, but inspire me to one day come back and change them to make life better for others.

My short term goal is to pursue my dream of getting into college to become someone educated who can one day come back to Santa Ana and help children change their minds of going to college and help them get there without their environment stop them to get there.You should devide this into two sentences.

Unfortunately others are affected by their environment in a negative way and decide to join gangs, only making their lives and the lives of others harder.

My family, along with my environment, has helped shape my dreams and aspirations that I pursue today.

I don't want to be remembered as someone who had dreams, but as someone who overcame her obstacles and achieved her dreams.

Home / Undergraduate / Speech and Language Pathologist or a Social Worker - dreams and aspirations