Language problem and Economic adversity; Princeton short essay : summer activity

dcmario123 1 / -  
My last two summers were my first two summers in the United States. As an immigrant student from South Korea, I first had to face two hardships: language problem and economic adversity. Unfortunately, I had to work all day during summer for my family. Therefore, I could not involve in various time-taking summer programs at colleges. However, what I'm really proud of myself is that I have read many books during summers as many as possible. From modern fictions like Harry Potter series, to classics like To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway, all books I had read inside a dark bus from work opened my eyes to understand the unique quality of English literature.

Any structural or grammatical advice will be appreciated!!
wsywsy108108 2 / 4 2  
I thought the word limit is approx 150 word and you can exceed a bit actually. Maybe you can add details about your work experience and takeaways.

Good Luck!
My last two summers were my first two summers in the United States. As an immigrant student from South Korea, I first had to face two hardships: language problem and economic adversity. Unfortunately, I had to work all day during summer for my family.

Here I find the problem that your ideas are scattered and fail to flow smoothly.
First pick one particular summer activity you did and then tell your story around that. Talk about the nature of work you did; what sort of challenges you faced and how you overcame. You need to improve this response.

Home / Undergraduate / Language problem and Economic adversity; Princeton short essay : summer activity