The last 4 months have been an important journey for me; Readmission Essay

LadyRoss 1 / -  
The Readmission Committee will evaluate requests for readmission on the basis of the following criteria:

The student's written statement (including a statement regarding academic or disciplinary suspension or probation) in which:
a. compelling reasons are offered for wishing to return to Radford University;
b. the student's activities or accomplishments during the periods of suspension or absence are described;
c. the student indicates how and why academic performance will improve if readmitted;

The last 4 months have been an important journey for me. Something that began as a traumatizing and horrific situation turned into an experience fill with tremendous personal and academic growth. Learning that I was suspended from ***** was absolutely devastating to me. Being a student who graduated high school with honors and an advance diploma, the fact that I had done so poor my first semester in college really upset me because I knew I was capable of doing so much better. However, as much as it hurt me it was also the wakeup call I needed. Up until that point in my life I was never truly held accountable for my actions and always looked for hands out from others. In fact, the first thought in my head upon learning of my suspension from school was to email all of my teachers and beg for them to change my grade. After going into deep thought and prayer, I realized that was the immature thing to do and instead accepted full responsibility for my poor choices resulting in unacceptable grades and looked at this situation as my opportunity to do things the right way for the first time rather than looking for a loop-hole around it. I knew that this was a situation that I myself had to make right and for the months following my suspension I dedicated myself to getting back in good standing with ***** so I could come back and resume my studies towards a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics with a minor in Exercise Science. I immediately enrolled in courses at ********** and also began working at my local Staples. Being away for a semester and working while simultaneously taking courses at community college helped me learn the discipline and time management skills I so desperately needed. The lack of these skills, as well as maturity was there reasons for me being suspended from ****. My suspension however, gave me the opportunity I needed to develop these skills as well as sort out what is important to me in life which are succeeding academically and rising to my full potential. All of this makes me confident I will succeed my second time around at *****. When I was younger my mother always said to me "Don't tell me, show me", so instead of going on about how I know I'm ready to come back to ***** and how academically successful I will be, I would like the chance to show you.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
Some mistakes to correct (and comments in CAPS):
1) the fact that I had done so poorly

2) always looked for hands out from others. IS HANDOUT THE WORD YOU WANT TO USE?? IT MEANS FREEBIES...OR CHARITY

3) The lack of these skills, as well as maturity was WERE there reasons

ABOVE ALL, YOU SHOULD INCLUDE (IF POSITIVE) YOUR EVALUATION OF THE COURSES YOU TOOK WHILE SUSPENDED (asked in second prompt and to be added to this section:) THIS WOULD HELP GIVE CONFIDENCE FOR THE RE-ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE TO DO WHAT YOU ASKED IN YOUR LAST LINE.

I immediately enrolled in courses at ********** and also began working at my local Staples. Being away for a semester and working while simultaneously taking courses at community college helped me learn the discipline and time management skills I so desperately needed.

Home / Undergraduate / The last 4 months have been an important journey for me; Readmission Essay