My Later Rain Greater than my Former...

Justlishbaby 2 / 3  
In my family I was my mother's eighth child. I was the product of rape and was tortured and very severely abused by afew of my siblings. My mother, although loving was not always attentive. I have always been a kind and caring person in spite of my homelife. Seven months ago, my mother died after living for seven months with me. She chose to live with me the least in our household. I have faced death 3 times in life, I've been raped twice and I am disabled but, nothing held back the love I had for the woman who birthed me. She gave me a gift in living with me and loving me that nothing in this world can ever replace. My siblings and I are not close today, but hopefully in time that will all change. Today I have peace knowing my mother was not perfect and she had flaws but she also loved me. That is a gift that keeps on giving long after the giver is gone.
tennislover 4 / 12  
wow.. this is some really deep stuff. I am sooo sorry that you had to go through this.

But, ummm what exactly is this for
OP Justlishbaby 2 / 3  
Actually, I believe I am in the wrong site for me. I am far from a college student undergraduate or otherwise. I simple love the different things I do writing is one of them. I have so much to learn and I am far from the level where many of you are. Yes, I've dealt with some pretty deep stuff and I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg.
Today I have peace knowing that, although my mother was not perfect had flaws, she al so loved me. ----see if you like this sentence the way I changed it.

That is a gift that keeps on giving long after the giver is gone.----The gift that keeps on giving is kind of a cliche. Maybe you can think of an original way to express the same idea.

What does this (very intriguing) title mean? My later rain greater than my former...
This essay seems to be all one paragraph. You should try writing about a new idea in each paragraph. And decide what experience you want to give the reader... this is all just informing the reader of things, but you can use some action verbs and imagery words to convey a real experience!

Home / Undergraduate / My Later Rain Greater than my Former...