Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

"I was the only Latin American student," common app- significant experience

estefa227 2 / 2  
hi i will like some comment and help with his essay it says min 250 words and i have 257 u think i should write more.. grammar is horrible.. please help thanks

Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- The last year has been a very delightful experience for me, as well as hard. As an exchanges student I went to the United Kingdom, to St Austell a small town in the south of England where I was the only Latin American student. The beginning of the year was hard for me, leaving my country specially my own language brought difficulties that further more I could done. For my accommodation I choose a host family, they have been particularly welcoming and treat me like their own daughter, spending time with them helped me improve my English, and understand the English culture. Going to an English school, college, like they call it, has been weird for me, as they only study 4 subjects and sometimes just three, choosing them was awkward for me, as I always do the subject my school told to do, but I knew that the English education was well recognized around the world so I did not have anything to worry about which subject I will choose.

Living wit h a host family, discovering a new culture, studying in an English college, and leaving my own country has made me become more independent, mature and open minded, it has particularly made me appreciate what I have left behind, like my family and friends. But it has given me great opportunities to discover my strengths, make new friends from around the world, see new places and improve my English. I am really excited to see the challenges that moving to United States will brings.

Home / Undergraduate / "I was the only Latin American student," common app- significant experience