FSU essay [Latin ViRES and more]

crystal6 1 / -  
TOPIC: For almost one hundred years, the Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

ESSAY:
Vires the Latin word for strength signifies many things, which include moral, sensible strength and intellectual strength. Vires is reflected in my every day mannerisms. My life manifests the concept of Vires because I am strong minded, I enlist in many activities, and I am courteous. How so? You ask.

I possess Vires within my life with moral, due to the fact that I know my right from wrong and social rules. I conduct myself properly in society, in that I act like a lady at all times; therefore my strong will with my Moral leads me to be considered as a phenomenal leader, teammate, and person all in all. My maturity level has reached its highest standard. For example, you will not find me in someone else's home vandalizing their property at a party. I like to be well mannered and respectful as everyone should be. My moral Vires tells a lot about me, so I believe in it greatly.

Physically, my Vires lies within my volunteer services and my extracurricular activities. As a cheerleader, Vires applies to every practice. I need the strength to go through two hours of running, exercising, jumping, dancing, etc. Also, being a part of other clubs such as the Student Government Association, the National Honor Society, The Health Occupation Student of America, and the Floral Design Club, exhibits Vires physically by reason of me being present in the meeting, as well as, assisting with activities that the clubs organize. Such as decorating for homecoming and/or prom, organizing and hosting pep rallies. As well as advertising, selling, and volunteering to hospitals within the community.

My life and I signify Vires with my ability of being strong minded. I strive hard to keep focused and remain organized with my duties as a student as well as an older sister and daughter. I gather my intellectual strength throughout life, not just through my education. I consider my education to be my top priority. However, I work diligently keep a smile on while I must find other options to help my family deal with the economic crisis that is occurring in the present. I also use my mental Vires to push my sisters into moving forward to become exceptional young ladies as they get older.

The value and meaning embodied within the Latin word Vires relatively denotes my values in life. My Vires to live life at full extent is greatly appreciated. Without strength in life, a lot of us, including myself, would not be where we are now. Vires strength of all kinds- moral, physical, and intellectual.

Please help! THANKX!!
EF_Stephen - / 264  
How so? You ask.

Question mark goes at the end of 'ask.

'

The value and meaning embodied within the Latin word Vires relatively denotes my values in life. My Vires to live life at full extent is greatly appreciated.

I know that discussing abstract things is difficult, so you have to be really careful when you do. I have no idea what this sentence means.

I think that if I were you, once vires is defined, I'd not use the Latin word so much. Strength and other similar words seem better to me. It's distracting because we just don't go around speaking Latin like that. But that is just my opinion.
bpyk 1 / 2  
"I signify.. I strive... I gather... I consider.. I work.. I must.. I also use.."
Change this up and break your pattern!
I would also suggest creating some more sentence variety.

Home / Undergraduate / FSU essay [Latin ViRES and more]