Laughter is the best med UC transfer Promp #2

screwyou709 2 / 1  
Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are? *

If there is one motto that I follow the most its "laughter is the best medicine". All throughout my life, I have been the center of my friend's attention with my jokes and witty comments. As I grew older, I realized that there have been many times when laughing through a rough situation is the easiest and even the best way to cope with obstacles. In the midst of varsity swimming training season two years ago, my whole team's morale is generally low. Our bodies are broken down through a combined six hours of two-a-day practices and our minds are tired from the combination of school and competitions. One particular 5 am morning workout, we had a set of fifty back and forth laps on the one minute interval off the starting block. A wave of moans and grumbling fell over the cold and sleepy team but I decided to inject a bit of humor and words of inspiration in order to boast not only myself, but also those around me too. At the conclusion of each lap, I raced to get up first and yell out my teammates' names to encourage and even challenge them out of the water. For those who looked particularly winded, I would say a couple of inside jokes for them to chuckle it off. Of course deep down inside I was exhausted too; but with positive energy and some laughter, the pain was barely noticeable. The workouts continued to be tough for the rest of the year but so did my jesting. That season we rode our laughs and hard work to becoming Division II CIF champions and I went home with "Most Improved Swimmer" award. Times can get stressful whether it is during college or at work, but I know that I can get through my obstacles by having a clear goal and a sense of humor.
If there is one motto that I follow the most, it is this: "laughter is the best medicine." All throughout my life, I have been the center of my friend's attention with my jokes and witty comments. As I grew older, I realized that there have been many times when laughing through a rough situation is the easiest and even the best way to cope with obstacles.

End that paragraph, and start paragraph two:
In the midst of varsity swimming...

Good, do you have room to add a paragraph of reflection or elaboration, or is there a word limit that you have to stay within?

Home / Undergraduate / Laughter is the best med UC transfer Promp #2