I want to be a leader. Why Oxford essay

alexis brandon 17 / 44  
1. Describe your specific interest in beginning your Emory career at Oxford College and how you think our liberal arts intensive education is a good match for you.

Oxford College cultivates leaders, and I intend to be one. Moreover, the college's dedication to service and leadership will prepare me for post undergraduate life and future endeavors.

By beginning my undergraduate study at Oxford, I will be afforded a comfortable transition from my small high school to the close knit community of Oxford College. With the multitude of opportunities offered at Oxford, I will be able to pursue my various interests such as writing an article for The Spokesman, participating in Theory- Practice/Service Learning (TPSL), or rock climbing on the quad.

Oxford gives students a voice and with the small class sizes, my voice will be heard. Similarly, with the flexible liberal arts curriculum offered at Oxford College, I will receive a holistic education, taking interesting courses such as Human Nature in Politics from the Feminine Perspective encompassing both my academic interests of Political Science and Psychology.

I have always been told that, "the consequences of choices lie in the future," and that the framework of our future is constructed by our actions now. Therefore, I am making a decision about my future by choosing to be a leader and by choosing to apply to Oxford College. I am designating my future because with an Oxford education, I know I will obtain the foundation necessary for success. At Oxford I will become a change agent.
Shandana 4 / 12  
I really like your essay
I don't think you need the last two sentences though, because the paragraph before acts as a really good conclusion.
OP alexis brandon 17 / 44  
Any other edits? This is due today. I will read your essay in return
Shandana 4 / 12  
I think that instead of "a change agent", "an agent of/for change" would sound better
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
With the multitude of opportunities offered at Oxford, I will be able to pursue my various interests, such as writing an article for The Spokesman, participating in Theory- Practice/Service Learning (TPSL), or rock climbing on the quad

Similarly, with the flexible liberal arts curriculum offered at Oxford College, I will receive a holistic education, taking interesting courses such as Human Nature in Politics from the Feminine Perspective, encompassing both my academic interests of Political Science and Psychology.

Therefore, I am making a decision about my future by choosing to be a leader, byand choosing to apply to Oxford College.

The last two sentences are kind of weird you may want to consider changing them.

Home / Undergraduate / I want to be a leader. Why Oxford essay