I am the leader /qualities or unique characteristics;Florida Gulf Coast U

Sean321 1 / -  
what qualities or unique characteristics do you possess that would allow you to contribute to the university?

I possess many great qualities as well as have unique characteristics that will allow me to contribute to Florida Gulf Coast University. I am not the person that follows the crowd; instead, I am the leader of the crowd. Leadership has been one of the strongest qualities I possess; a leader takes the time to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and try to apply it to improve the team as a whole. As captain of the Patch American High School varsity soccer team of 2013, I was able to help turn those weaknesses into strengths through some team building exercises.

That's what I have so far, and now I'm kinda stuck.
Also how long should an application essay be? It didn't really say anything about a limit
thisweirdkid 2 / 10 1  
Hi. Elaborate on the things you've done as a leader. Also, mention what you've learned as a leader and the challenges that you faced while leading the group and the changes the challenges brought in you.

Example: Determination, Hard work
And mention thay you'll be able to inspire and motivate people in Florida Gulf coast University!

I'm also a student and my common app essay is on my page. Kindly go through the latest essay about a coconut and give your feedback. It would be a great help!

Thanks
madisongreen 2 / 8  
I think that you need to get some organization in your essay. think of about 3 or 4 or 5 characteristics (including leadership) that you feel pertain to the prompt and can be well supported through your essay. Then for each characteristic think of examples that you can use as proof for each characteristic (at least 2 examples for each one). It comes off a lot better and less concieted when you allow your examples to do a lot of the explaining. All you have to do is make the connection between the example and and the quality. For the intro and conclusion start with a thesis sentence that defines exactly what you want your essay to prove such as " i believe that I am able to contribute to the university through these qualities I have developed--______, _______, ______, and _______. Something similar should be your last sentence of the intro. For the beginning think of something to grab their attention that works with the prompt. Remember refer back to the intro for the conclusion.

Hopefully you wont be as stuck if you plan out your essay.

Home / Undergraduate / I am the leader /qualities or unique characteristics;Florida Gulf Coast U