LEADERSHIP APPLICATION; tutoring/classroom assistance and noon-time/spirit activities

Connie31124 2 / 7 1  
please help edit my leadership application i really want to get in also i need help on 4. what are some realistic projects that will make your school a better place?

1. I find that all of the activities are interesting, but the two that stand out to me are tutoring/classroom assistance and noon-time/spirit activities.Tutoring/classroom assistance is interesting to me because I like to help teachers organize papers, hang up work from students, and just help them with anything they need help with. As for tutoring, I excel in math, social studies, and science. Interacting and helping other peers succeed would be a pleasure. Noon-time/spirit activities also sparks my interest. Bringing students together as a school to participate in school wide events such as lunch-time activities, assemblies, and dances. I would contribute to these areas by volunteering either during lunch, after school, or before school . As well as helping set up everything that is needed for activities such as assemblies, dances, etc.

2. I think that I am qualified for Leadership, because I am responsible, organized, a good problem solver, and a goalsetter. One time, I showed exemplary character was during science class when it was suppose to be quiet time. Everyone else was talking instead of doing work, but I was doing my work and not talking. Once they saw me working on my work quietly, they started to work on their work as well. I inspired my table group to do their work and to stop talking when we weren't supposed to.

3. Things special in technology is that I can type on a computer at about fifty words per minute and I know a little about photoshopping. Some instruments that I play i the violin and piano. I am very organized and neat when it comes to papers that I need to keep in every class. Also, a special thing about me is that I have neat handwriting. Past teachers have complimented me that I have neat handwriting and that it seems like I have printer-like handwriting.

4. A project that would help Creekside become a better community would be more activities either after school, during lunches, or during nutrition breaks. The school could have science fairs,

5. I started using a computer since I was about 6. I can type 50 words per minutes. On Word and Google Docs, I can make use of all the tools and edits it provides at the top of Word and Google Docs. On Google Slides, I can make a presentation and organize it to make it easier to know why to type. I also know how to use Excel. Excel is used for calculating data that you put into it, but formulas are needed for that. I know the formulas to adding, subtracting, averages, dividing, and multiplying data on Excel. For emails, I know the formatting of emails. That is all I know how to use that might be useful in Leadership.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Connie, I have a question for you. Is this "What are some realistic projects that will make your school a better place?" only for number 4?

Now, I would try to give you some corrections and feedback relating to your grammatical accuracy and flow of ideas.

1st prompt
Corrections:
- activities.Tu toring/classroom (need space)
- ...also sparks my interest
- Bringing students together as a school to participate in school wide events such as lunch-time activities, assemblies, and dances makes me happy .(missing verb)

Feedback:
- No further suggestion for this one. You have already make it clear and understandable.

2nd prompt
Correction(s):
- ...goalsetter (space needed)

Feedback:
- I assume that your first sentence seems over confidence, which somehow, it can be considered as impolite. How about paraphrase the sentence like this 'Considering that I have good character such as responsible, organized .............. then I am really sure that I am qualified for Leadership'

3rd prompt
Corrections
- ...photoshopping
- ...that I play iis the violin
- Things that specialin me relating to technology are that....

Feedback:
- It is already good and understandable. You explained it clearly.

4th prompt
Corrections
- The school could have science fairs, which makes most of the students feel interested in expressing themselves in science.
- Then, learning outside/outbound/study tour, which triggers the students to be more active in learning the things that they like

Feedback:
- perhaps you can explore more about these two ideas.

5th prompt
- this is your story right? I have no idea about this one, based on your own experience.

6th prompt
Corrections
- ...know whywhat to type
- Excel is used for calculating data that you put into it, but formulas are needed for that.(unnecessary detail)
- formulas tofor adding

Feedback:
- For this one, frankly, I am not really sure what is the connection between leadership and typing skills, since you did not give me the question for each prompt, so I have no idea for this one.

Overall, some questions are well-answered. You need to improve or elaborate it a little bit more.

Good luck for that Connie! :)

Home / Undergraduate / LEADERSHIP APPLICATION; tutoring/classroom assistance and noon-time/spirit activities