'I was the leading dancer' - Pratt application assignment

dvashika 2 / -  
List honors recieved by you extracurricular experience in the arts, as well as other areas (e.g., awards, employment, positions of leadership or responsibility, involvement in community affairs, etc.)

I'm affraid I carried away and wrote to much details, and it's quite long. Is that what I was supposed to do? or is it supposed to be more like an actuall list?

I was interested in art from a very young age and thanks to my mother I started attending art classes as a child, even bafore first grade. My creativity appeared in many forms, I was dancing, attending karate classes, gymnastics and at some point I even joined the circus (and no, I am not joking).

At high school I was the leading dancer at the schools group and excelled in arts- in fact arts got me the highest grade, simply because it was my favorite subject.

During high school years students in Israel required to contribute to society in one of a few programs. I was so carried away that by the end of that year it appeared to me that I have participated in three different organizations. Working with problematic teenagers and a public suffering from all sorts of addictions fascinated me. It enriched me in so many ways.It was an incredible chanse, to learn and to be able to help. Untill this very day I am gratful for having this expirience as part of my life.

Regarding employment, I started very young (at the age of 14), always seeking for independence. I worked at right about every decent job. I waitered tabls and worked as a host in restaurants. By the age of 17 I was already a manager of a shop that experts in natural soap and bath products (I served the owner a cup of coffee and impressed by my sence of humor he offered me the job). As I terned 18 I moved out of my parents house and became an independent distributer of Herbelife products. Afterwards I took a prep course towards fashion design studies and private lessons in sewing. In the evenings I worked as a waitress and occationally as a bartender to support myself financially.

When I moved to Tel-Aviv, about two years ago I started working as a sales manager in an international company selling vending machines. I must addmit that having my own office and closing deals worth thousands of dolars was a surreal experience (I was the youngest employee in the sales department).

In August 2007 I decided that it's time for a change, to start moving towards my own dream. I started a professional fashion design course and in my spare time I worked at a boutique of my favorite israeli designer (some would say the best). I started as a sales woman and in a short while I was promoted to a manager status. Working at 'Yosef' was a very challenging and educating axperience, however during my enrollement in that position we have managed as a team to brake all prior sale records and increase the stores avarage in 50-70 thousand shekels per month (about 20,000 U.S dollars).

In October this year I havs successfully graduated the professional fashion desing course, and I can not wait to continue what I have started. These studies felt like an appetizer and now my hunger to acquire proper aducation is even greater than before.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Was there a word count limitation for this essay?

Since they actually use the noun "list" I expect they want a list with brief descriptions of each item. Otherwise they would use a word like "describe" or "tell."

I think I would keep the base information the same, but rearrange it to more of a bulleted list, much like the ones found in CVs or resumes. The name of the activity and a very brief description of it, along with any honors or offices held in the organization.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / 'I was the leading dancer' - Pratt application assignment