'leading the research-based learning(RBL)' - Georgia Tech an extracurricular activity

littlebutterfly 4 / 5  
Any comment, critique, or suggestion is much appreciated :)

Among all the activities I have participate in, leading the research-based learning(RBL) group in high school is the most rewarding one. Our research group has made many achievements, including three national patents and two innovation contest rewards. However, what RBL has brought to me is not just confined to these rewards; I also learned many important things.

The first thing I learn from this group is how to cooperate with other people efficiently. In the beginning of my group experience, I made a mistake: listening opinions of others with my own preconceived ideas, which caused my failure to consider suggestions objectively. This mistake was pointed out by the member Chutian. Thanks to him, I realized that I could truly benefit from other people's opinions, only after I had put my own preconceived ideas aside.

The other thing that made me impressive was the distance between practice and theory in research. when we finally put our plan which was discussed repeatedly by us into practice, we still found several design defects, which made me realized that those theoretically practical things can not be called "practical" until they are tested by practice.

Meeting and knowing the whole group, I have spent four meaningful years with them. Everyone on the group has something worth learning from. Tete's rigorous work ethic, Chutian's positive attitude, and Wulan's well-rounded skills. Working with them is an enjoyment and self-improvement. Although I will leave this wonderful group soon, my RBL experience will remain in my memory.
Among all the activities I have participated in, leading the research-based learning(RBL) group in high school was the most rewarding one.

Our research group has made many achievements, including three national patents and two innovation contest awards .

The first thing I learned from this group was how to cooperate with other people efficiently.

In the beginning of my group experience, I made a mistake: listening to opinions of others with my own preconceived ideas, which caused my failure to consider suggestions objectively.

Thanks to him, I realized that I could truly benefit from other people's opinions, but only after I had put my own preconceived ideas aside.

The other thing that made me impressive ---an impression on me was the distance between practice and theory in research.

W hen we finally put our plan, which was discussed repeatedly by us, into practice, we still found several design defects, which made me realized that those theoretically practical things can not be called "practical" until they are tested by practicing .

Everyone in the group has something worth learning from.

Have fun in school and good luck!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'leading the research-based learning(RBL)' - Georgia Tech an extracurricular activity