"To learn and grow with real women" - Why Wellesley Essay-Academics and People

Reaper1Shi 7 / 25  
'When choosing a college, you are choosing an intellectual community and a place where you believe that you can live, learn, and flourish. To this end, the Board of Admission is interested in knowing your reasons for applying to Wellesley College and how Wellesley will help you to realize your personal and academic goals.'

"Wellesley." The name conjures up visions of a breathtaking and majestic campus, inspiring paintings of impassioned women placed throughout corridors, and students discussing philosophy in cozy warm rooms on a cold winter night. The Wellesley viewbook reinforced these images and cemented my love for the college that is Wellesley. It spoke of engaging courses, amazing research opportunities, and rich extra-curriculars, all of interest to me due to my long lasting passion for studying and academics. The liberal arts education gives me the opportunity to pursue my passion in the form of my major, but at the same, also expands my horizons and gives me a glimpse of potential interests I have not yet discovered. The wide array of extra-curricular activities allows me to go beyond the basic scholastic component and make my voice heard. In addition to the academics, the people of Wellesley, professors and students alike, also draw me to the college. They say that there is no story without a cast of characters. At Wellesley, the rich and eclectic cast of extraordinary professors and quirky students define the tale that I want to be a part of. I look forward to knowing every single one of my peers and establishing lifelong relationships. I am eager to be taught by outstanding professors who are passionate about their subject matter, love teaching and care tremendously about their students' growth.

At Wellesley, I would learn and grow with real women, defined as individuals without the barriers of gender. I would stride purposefully through the beautiful campus, attend lectures of scholars seeking to broaden our minds and discuss philosophy with students in warm cozy rooms on cold winter nights. It offers the ideal environment in which I feel empowered in both my choices and myself. I want to be remembered for what I did in life through the decisions I make and mostly, for whom I am as a person. I truly believe that Wellesley College is, without a doubt, the best place to help me discover that.
Anonymoussenior 17 / 133  
In addition to the academics, the people of Wellesley, professors and students alike, also draw me to the college

I am eager to be taught by outstanding professors, who are passionate about their subject matter, love teaching, and care tremendously about their students' academic growth.

I would stride purposefully through the beautiful campus, attend lectures of scholars seeking to broaden their minds and discuss philosophy with students in warm

I truly believe that Wellesley College is, without a doubt, the best place to help me discover both, who I am, and who I will be as a Wellesley woman.

Great essay overall please read my Wellesley college essay

Home / Undergraduate / "To learn and grow with real women" - Why Wellesley Essay-Academics and People