I learned this art form which they called "Quilling"/ NYU;What intrigues you?

aks1 1 / 12  
i feel like i didnt mention what significance it has on me but i just enjoy doing it more than anything. please be as harsh as you all can in yr comments. thanks all .

What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you. Characters available 1500

I know a pencil can work great wonders but a piece of paper is no less. Cutting a plain piece of paper in thin strips, rolling it and giving it any possible shape was the kind of art I learned when I was 12.

I was just sitting on my couch watching a show called MAD, when I learned this art form which they called "Quilling". I like to experience things first hand, and as soon as I saw it I started experimenting with what I saw, without any tools required for it. All I had to do was take long stripes of paper, roll it making the core as tight as possible and the outside very loose then give it different shapes to make something new out of it. I have to say, it was the most fun thing I have ever done. I was able to introduce quilling in my school's art club, which I was the president of, and used quilling in many other projects throughout school like the door decorating contest for Christmas I made snowflakes from quilling while I taught it to many of my friends and family.

ill help you with yours.
acostandy 2 / 7 2  
I really like the intro! I think that you should maybe explain the significance just to get all parts of the question in.

I have to say, it was the most fun thing I have ever done.

Maybe try to make this more descriptive. Try a different word instead of fun.

I like to experience things first hand, and as soon as I saw it, I started experimenting with what I saw, using none of the required tools .

All I had to do was take long stripes of paper, roll it making the core as tight as possible and the outside very loose then give it different shapes to make something new out of it.

Try describing it differently. It seems kind of awkward (no offense, just the way it sounds).

, which I was the president of,

Don't add this. They should see it on your application and you don't want them to think you are trying to brag (even if you aren't).

The only other comment I have is that the ending seems so abrupt. I understand you are on a character limit, but still try to make the essay flow and sound complete. I personally really liked it and have never heard of quilling so this is definitely interesting.

Good luck!!
ticklelisaelmo 8 / 42 3  
I think you could elaborate more on how this is significant to you? What makes it special to you?
loreliag 1 / 4 1  
I agree with ticklelisaelmo, it seems you're just describing the activity here, you need to talk about why it is significant.
alicederp 10 / 56 4  
Hi there,

Yes I agree with above comments. You need to explain it's significance. Also I can see that you very much enjoy the activity but why does it INTRIGUE you?

Could you please look at my common app essay?
OP aks1 1 / 12  
thanks a lot everyone for helping me out. i really appreciate it
Colombiankid94 1 / 4 2  
I totaly agree with the comments above, i think it needs a conclusion statment that elaborateness how paper has shaped your creativity.

Home / Undergraduate / I learned this art form which they called "Quilling"/ NYU;What intrigues you?