How you learned about Santa Clara University? SCU WRITING PROMPT #1

Mag_mclach 1 / 1 1  
PROMPT: Briefly describe how you learned about Santa Clara University. (150 word limit)

Santa Clara University had been a name that sat in the back of my mind for so many years. It wasn't until a reunion lunch with a few old family friends my junior year when I had finally put he pieces together. This name that I have heard about for years now originated from these three idols that have stood by my side almost my whole life. It was always in one ear and out the other when it came to hearing bout their latest achievements or their fascinating flashbacks from college experiences; however this name finally became important. This name resembled a piece of the next chapter in my life: applying to colleges. Since then it seemed as if SCU was always at my fingertips-- college fairs, meetings with my counselor, currently enrolled peers. Throughout my application process I have done extensive research on SCU and now, with a personally formulated opinion of my own, I believe this is an excellent university for my desires and necessities.
matsumelrose - / 3  
Santa Clara University had been a name that sat in the back of my mind for so many years. ----- SCU has always been in my mind.

It wasn't until a reunion lunch with a few old family friends my junior year when I had finally put he pieces together.--- It was not unti... that...

It was always in one ear and out the other when it came to hearing bout their latest achievements or their fascinating flashbacks from college experiences; however this name finally became important.

This name ---too many "this name"s---resembled a piece of the next chapter in my life: applying to colleges. Since then it seemed as if SCU was always at my fingertips-- college fairs, meetings with my counselor, currently enrolled peers. Throughout my application process I have done extensive research on SCU and now, with a personally formulated opinion of my own, I believe this is an excellent university for my desires and necessities.

I think you should talk more about your 3 heros (who?) and what they have done/said about this school that makes you want to apply. So far everything is too vague and there are too many unnecessar parts.
It wasn't until a reunion lunch with a few old family friends of my junior year whenthat I had finally put he pieces together.

I think this is a very good idea. It would also convince them that you've done enough research on Santa Clara. :)

Home / Undergraduate / How you learned about Santa Clara University? SCU WRITING PROMPT #1