Hi everyone, please edit or leave a comment. Several of them has reach over the word limits. Please leave a suggestion of where to cut down. Thank you!Describe up to five activities that you have pursued in one or more of the following areas... Please outline the activity and describe how it affected you or others. (maximum 50 words)
1. 2013 summer, Volunteering at Oak Tree Senior home every Saturday is my favorite event of the week. Every Saturday my classmate and I would prepare hand-made cookies and muffins. We would spend our time with Grandpas and Grandmas, playing bingo, singing out loud and sharing stories. Every Saturday my classmate and I would prepare hand-made cookies and muffins. We would spend our time with Grandpas and Grandmas, playing bingo, singing out loud and sharing stories.
2. I volunteer at Spa Versante every Monday since 2014. As a swimming coach assistant, I developed patience over time. For students that they have never swum before and now passed level 10, it is the best accomplishment and achievement I can have. (42 words)
3. I apply myself to First Express Travel Center and worked as a full time employee during teacher's strike. As a accounting assist, I learned to use their computer system, enter invoices, answer phone calls, and write a monthly income report. Gracefully, I was invited to work again the next summer. (50 words)
4. School's open house is very important, because it reflects and represents our learning to younger generations of our school. I volunteer at school's open house every year. Meeting with teacher to come up with new and creative ideas, setting up, and making sure all the section were operating perfectly were my duties every year. (54 words)
5. Swimming has been my favorite sport since I was very small. Throughout my high school years, I swim twice a week and five days a week during summer. I had attend to tons of swimming meets. With years of practice and experience, swimming had develop me mentally, and physically. (50 words)Tell us more about one of the activities you listed above by explaining what your goals were, the role you played, and what you learned in the process. (maximum 200 words)
(current word count 319....)
As a competitive swimmer, I was offered to volunteer as a swimming coach assistant by my swimming coach outside of practice. Since whenever there is a huge learning opportunity, I agreed on spot without hesitation. Every lesson, I guide students to acknowledge their individual strengths, and helped them to become a better swimmer. In addition, I developed patience and benevolent over time.
The first day, I was expecting to be trained. Instead, I was asked to assist a coach to guide kids that are elementary school ages. As I first got in the water, kids quickly claimed on my back, and pulling my arms. Newbie of me did not have any experience, but smile. The coach would yell at them as they would finally behave. As the lesson starts, I carefully observed coach's teaching technique and apply them. The kids were very playful, at first, it was hard to guide them, but I never lose the smile on my face. Quickly, I became these kids' favorite, they begin to respect me during class time, and have fun with me during our free time. I also begin to love these kids, and I had set a goal. My goal was to be with these tots throughout their swimming programs.
The time passes so quickly, a year of lesson seems like a few weeks, all the students had completed all the levels in the swimming program. My students together wrote a thank you card for me about how happy they were. Throughout this experience, I learned my role as a coach assist is to set an example as a role model, I developed my patience as something I used to lack of, and I learned my strength is smiling as it can help me conquer challenges. In addition, For students that they have never swum before and now passed level 10, it is the best accomplishment and achievement I can have.Hey guys, I felt like I always reach over the word limit and I'm always unsure of where to cut down. Please give me any suggestions of how to cut down any unnecessary parts as I found it as my weakness.Thank you everyone