FSU - Why learning is the most appealing characteristically ?

FSUboundplse 1 / 1  
The origin of the infinite knowledge we possess is learning. Learning is a universal and intricate process that we humans can all relate to. Learning as humans can be compared to that of a growing tree. Initially as an infant, you thirst for knowledge, the same way a small seed thirsts for water. As you explore your world and gain experiences, you begin to grow; a seedling does the same in that it seeks sunlight as it sprouts roots and pushes upward to the outside world. We can compare water and sunlight to our books and teachers who fill our heads with the previous knowledge they have gained. Our experiences are the additional necessities needed for never ending process of learning.

This is only a few of many examples I have had the opportunity to take and learn from. My parents have the ability to take on any challenges that have come their way. I have adapted this ability as my own in the way I handle my school work. For example I was assigned a seven page thesis paper in my 9th grade English honors class. I knew that this task was not going to be simple. So applied myself the way that I have seen my parents apply themselves to their daily tasks; I was driven to put every ounce of my ability into this paper. When I received the grade from my thesis paper it was not what I expected, however, I did not let this experience get me down. What I took from this lesson is that next time I'm going to apply myself better than I did before. It simply meant that I needed to work harder, not let myself down and try again. That is what I learned from this experience, and not only have I used this lesson in other subject areas of school, but I have successfully applied it to other areas of my life.

Every morning as my parents wake up to prepare for a new day of hard work, it reminds me of the lesson that my determined parents taught me, which is all things are possible with hard work and perseverance. After many years of observing and learning many things in addition to these qualities, I have taken from this and it has added to my thirst for more knowledge. In this quest, I have delved into many books to quench this thirst. I vitalized my need to learn more from the words of off a well written page. This has been very significant in the way that I have grown mature in the way I have gained my knowledge of the world around me I have always found that learning from each of these lessons have very much shaped the roots of my knowledge. As a seedling continues to grow with the water of knowledge and sunlight for experiences, I continue to learn as I learn from the lessons of learning in the world around me.
Mureille - / 18  
I like your essay, but the intro can get cut down to show a little more of you. Can you please post the prompt?
OP FSUboundplse 1 / 1  
The Prompt ------> Florida State University is more than just a world-class academic institution preparing you for a future career. We are a caring community of well-rounded individuals who embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness. With this in mind, which of these characteristics appeal most to you and why?

Home / Undergraduate / FSU - Why learning is the most appealing characteristically ?