'learning, caring and global awareness' effectiveness of my Florida State Admissions

thenugey 1 / -  
The prompt is: Florida State University is more than just a world-class academic institution preparing you for a future career. We are a caring community of well-rounded individuals who embrace leadership, learning, service, and global awareness. With this in mind, which of these characteristics appeal most to you and why?

"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus." Martin Luther King Jr. said this in regards to the definition of a true leader. Although learning, service and global awareness are all key components of a caring and successful community, without leadership, these things are impossible. As Martin Luther King Jr. was attempting to express, leaders do not wait around and expect things to be a certain way with no change in sight, leaders take it upon themselves to change the status quo and to push the limits of success. In this way, a true leader is a person who will always strive to make things as attainable as possible. Because of this attitude, leaders attract people around them to support ideas and movements and from these people, positive activities and attributes such as learning, service and global awareness will certainly come to surface.

I strive to be a leader in every aspect of my life because I find it extremely important that people always have someone to come to in order to pursue a certain idea or even to look up to. In my experience with the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) business clubs, I have found that leadership is a key concept in the success of the individual as well as the group. I had the opportunity to qualify and compete in the DECA International Career Development Conference with a partner of mine. At the conference nerves were extremely frayed and competitors were extremely nervous. Because of this I a few of us took the initiative to organize some strategic meetings in which we explained the importance of keeping your nerves in check when presenting on such a large scale. Without these meetings, I believe that all the competitors, myself included, would have been rather lost in the enormity of the event as well as the pressure that was certainly on us. This experience truly showed me the ways in which even small acts of leadership can lead to enormous success and reduction of stressful tendencies.

On a football team success is impossible without strong leadership. A team, just as any group, needs a leader to help them push on through the tough times and the hard work in order to reach goals and achieve success at all levels. I believe that this transfers to university life. In the same way that a group of football players need a leader to encourage them, so do students who are struggling with certain classes or concepts. A leader is needed as much in the classroom as it is on the football field.

Leadership is very essential to the success of a group of people. Florida State University has had the success it has had because of leaders such as Bobby Bowden, President Barron and Professor E. Imre Friedmann. When leaders such as these are present, learning, caring and global awareness will certainly follow.
Because of this attitude, leaders attract like minded people who support ideas and movements, and from these people, positive activities and attributes...

At the conference, nerves were extremely frayed and competitors were quite nervous.---I changed one of the words so it wouldn't sound repetitive.

Because of this,I a few of us took the initiative to organize some strategic meetings in which we explained the importance of keeping your nerves in check when presenting on such a large scale.

On a football team, success is impossible without strong leadership.

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'learning, caring and global awareness' effectiveness of my Florida State Admissions