'learning about the history, culture, law and policy' - USC Supplement

ohmyclod 1 / -  
In approximately one paragraph, please address the following prompt:
Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections.

I love learning about the history, culture, law and policy of the government, and how such things affect citizens. While I have strong political opinions, I enjoy hearing differing opinions and engaging in debate. I would love to further my interest in politics by possibly majoring in Political Science at USC. Furthermore, I will take what I learn at USC and use it through USC's internship opportunities through the Jesse M. Unruh Institute of Politics, and through other avenues. I have loved being part of student government in high school, and I intend on being of USC's Undergraduate Student Government by joining a committee or running for an office.

Another one of my academic interests is Spanish. I initially started taking Spanish classes because I knew how useful fluency in a second language would be in the educational and professional world. Once I became more familiar with the language, however, I became fascinated with reading, writing and speaking Spanish. I would love to further my knowledge of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking culture, so at USC, I plan to either minor or double major in Spanish. In 2008, I traveled to Costa Rica with a group from my school, which piqued my interest in Spanish and greatly improved my Spanish-speaking abilities. For this reason, I intend on taking advantage of USC's study abroad programs to various Spanish-speaking countries.

I need advice on grammar and just the general sound of everything. Thank you!
StevenWong206 5 / 13 2  
Wow, you have the same exact interest for political science or law as I do. And I am currently taking Spanish also!

But to me critical, this answers the prompt, but it says "In approximately one paragraph." So I would maybe combine them somehow. I actually called the USC admission's office since I am also applying there, and asked if we could do more than one paragraph, and the admission counselor said "Follow whatever directions the prompt tells you to do, that would be the best thing."

And for grammar, well to be honest I suck at grammar as well. But all in all, I am for sure that this answers the prompt. Just make it one paragraph if possible.

Good luck, USC deadline is in 2 days! I hope we both would be admitted.

Home / Undergraduate / 'learning about the history, culture, law and policy' - USC Supplement