Learning something new; Queens Admissions/ GOALS

dinoyolk 2 / 3  
This is my 300 word essay to the question :
In an essay of 300 words or fewer (approximately 1950 characters with spaces), write about your goals for your time at Queen's University and beyond. Your answer will be evaluated for content and writing style.

I am worried that it doesn't flow well, or it's not serious enough. Please help me on my content and grammar. Thanks.

Even though I have a wide set of skills such as lying down on a bed to dream and putting food into my mouth, I would like to learn something new. It could be anything from breakdancing to the ridiculous 1984 olympic sport, solo synchronized swimming, which probably got cut due to the raucous laughter form the crowd as they watched someone dance alone in a pool for two minutes. Learning a skill like breakdancing, will allow me to step outside of my comfort zone and help me discover more of what I could do with the right attitude. Breakdancing is a community activity and hopefully will help me with my second goal, which is to make new friends. Friends can teach you many things and they will always be there for you. We would be in touch, helping each other out in jobs, relationships and events in ones life. Maybe making new friends will allow me to dance in a pool with them instead of by myself. Going to parties with friends and having study groups are all part of ones university experience. When you are having fun, one day could feel like one minute. Therefore, one of my goals would be to write a daily blog about my time at Queens. Don't worry, my blogs won't be about when I had to go to the washroom and what the successful experience in the washroom was like. A daily blog would help with letting my thoughts and what I have experienced at the end of everyday. It would be a collection of the greatest stories and events of what Queens' University created for me.
zdv 12 / 68 2  
Friends can teach you many things and they will always be there for you. - this sentence seems a bit disjoint.
jobs, relationships and events in OUR LIVES.
Your essay is quite funny. and interesting. however, i think you are right about how it does not flow very well.
Also, I think the question is asking about your main goal, a little bit of laugh will set you apart. Its your choice really.
help me with my duke supplement?
lilyraquel52 5 / 25 2  
Here is my feedback, although it may be harsh!
-the first sentence is not catchy and makes you sound bad. although it is sarcastic, i do not think the admissions commitee will appreciate it or maybe even understand it.

-I dont think the college wants to here how your time at their college will be spent dancing or swimming. they want something more leadership like or academic. There are many other activities that are more serious that will help you get outside your comfort zone, make friends

-DO NOT MENTION PARTIES IN A COLLEGE ESSAY
-I think you need to write with a more serious tone.
- i do like the blog idea, its creative and can show writing and creative skills, I would choose to talk about that rather than dancing or swimming.

-also add a conclusion to sum up your ideas

Well... you may a fun loving person and of course it is really good.But, when you apply for admission to a Uni, your primary focus is always the academics. Here, you don't talk anything about your academic goals and I think it is important to talk a little about them. You only talk about the goals with social orientation, which is also important. However, I wish if you included a line or two to tell them what your academic goals are.

Home / Undergraduate / Learning something new; Queens Admissions/ GOALS