"Lehigh seeks to encourage a campus environment" help, Supplement Essay

kamilnezha 2 / -  
the question is :Lehigh seeks to encourage a campus environment of understanding, appreciation , and respect. Tell us why you think this is important.

i am asking for some topics to start writing the essay. i have one but i don't know if it is good to start or i should put it later in essay

the topic is: Lehigh seeks to encourage a campus environment because it contains multicultural student and that leads Lehigh to make student experiencing the similarities and differences...
CTToner1123 3 / 24  
You can talk about how you found yourself in a situation where you were deprived of "understanding, appreciation, and respect" and talk about how you have discovered the importance of these in real life and how you value being respected and appreciated. Maybe there is a personal situation where you felt like you weren't treated fairly or something along those lines, how you learned from it/dealt with it, and how you value a place that does treat people appropriately because you understand what it's like to be in that situation.
That is great advice... a story about having come to appreciate those values is a good idea.

Also, you should perhaps focus a paragraph on each of those values.

Now, you might have a problem here, with what you wrote:

Lehigh seeks to encourage a campus environment because it contains multicultural student and that leads Lehigh to make student experiencing the similarities and differences...

This sounds lie you misunderstood "campus environment." What Lehigh is doing is making sure the campus environment has these qualities demonstrated by its students:

understanding, appreciation, and respect. Write a paragraph about each of the three.

Good luck!!!

Kevin

Home / Undergraduate / "Lehigh seeks to encourage a campus environment" help, Supplement Essay