Libraries, the gym, the student union on-campus communities ; WHY UCF?

megan1407 2 / 2  
There are over 3,000 colleges and universities in Florida and within these final years of my high school career I have seen a large amount of the ones I myself am interested in. I have always known college was in my future, but what college to choose was always a query lingering in my mind. My visits have led me to beautiful and prestigious campuses all over the state but there is only one school I consider would fulfill the next chapter in my life. The University of Central Florida, in my belief, seems to offer everything I anticipate to gain and so much more. As I toured the university grounds for the first time, I could instantly feel all of the questions, anxieties, and stress get lifted off my shoulders. All of the colleges I toured provided me with great facts and statistics but only UCF gave me the sense I was finally home.

Between the libraries, the gym, the student union, and all of the on-campus communities, there is hardly a need to ever leave campus. UCF presents nearly every club and activity any future, past, or present student would want. The University of Central Florida is just that, perfectly placed in the middle of anything I would want to do. Located in the nation's most popular tourist destination, this university's town provides activities to keep busy and numerous employment opportunities.

Walking through the UCF campus, the first thing I noticed was the great energy and the cheer coming from the current students. Decorated in black and gold, these future alumni glistened. I could tour every school in the nation but I knew my decision long ago. I want to be a knight.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon.

Since you did not include the prompt/assignment specifics for this essay, I have edited it for grammar and punctuation only:

"There are over 3,000 colleges and universities in Florida and within these final years of my high school career I have seen a large amount of the ones I am interested in. I have always known college was in my future, but what college to choose was always a query lingering in my mind. My visits have led me to beautiful and prestigious campuses all over the state but there is only one school I consider would fulfill the next chapter in my life. The University of Central Florida, in my belief, seems to offer everything I anticipate to gain and so much more. As I toured the university grounds for the first time, I could instantly feel all of the questions, anxieties, and stress get lifted off my shoulders. All of the colleges I toured provided me with great facts and statistics but only UCF gave me the sense I was finally home.

Walking through the UCF campus, the first thing I noticed was the great energy and the cheer coming from the current students. Decorated in black and gold, these future alumni glistened. I could tour every school in the nation but I knew my decision long ago. I want to be a Knight ."

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP megan1407 2 / 2  
I am so sorry! I completely forgot to include my prompt with the essay. This is my UCF application essay and i was told to describe why I would like to attend the school.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Great; thanks!

Your essay does answer the prompt; you give good examples to support your opinions of the campus. Your voice is personable, helping to make the essay easy to read.

Nice work.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP megan1407 2 / 2  
thankyou for your input!

Home / Undergraduate / Libraries, the gym, the student union on-campus communities ; WHY UCF?