"Life's a Gas" - this song really affected me in an unsettling way

lbhux13 4 / 6  
This essay is just in the primal stages but I think I need some help to get it off the ground. Any comments left are welcome! Thank you!

The charisma in Marc Bolan's voice is unmistakable in a crowded room. When I can't even hear myself think, I can still feel his voice. It relaxes me and sends me to another universe. I have always idolized his extraordinary talent and work with the band T. Rex in the 1970's but there has been one song that has really affected me in an unsettling way: "Life's a Gas." Not only does it have emotional value in my life, but it has philosophical value. It caused me to look at life from a different perspective, because it says that you can love and you can live but in the end, life will disappear into thin air. Before I heard this song for the first time, my entire life philosophy was built around putting as much in as I could possibly could, and that ultimately lead to a very stressful life for me. At first, I became enraged at the words he was putting forth, and completely disagreed to what he was saying. But now I realize that he was right, and that his words have weight. I learned to not take things as seriously, and if things went wrong, that was how they were going to be. I learned to accept fate, instead of stress about what had already happened.
One nice thing is that the vanishing you mentioned can be considered the only real salvation. Here we are in bodies that are gradually dying. We need a solution for that. That congratulations! Salvation -- you find out it really goes dream after dream.

Here is a cool way to play with sequence and possibly improve the reader experience: Try moving the first sentence so that it becomes the third sentence (after the word universe). See if you like it that way.

Here is a part I think we can improve:
I learned to not take things as seriously, and if things went go wrong that is how they are going to be. I learned to accept fate instead of stressing about what had already happened.

Great ideas here! So, can you dig deep and come up with one sentence that perfectly expresses the most important idea of the essay?

Home / Undergraduate / "Life's a Gas" - this song really affected me in an unsettling way