'life may not happen the way we would have desired' - Autobiography essay

lyly223 1 / 1  
Assignment Autobiography

I am a 30 year olds female born in the love month of February. Unfortunately, I do not remember very many details about my parents because they divorced when I was very young. My parents decided to move to the United States leaving me behind in Vietnam to be raised my grandmother. My father virtually disappeared, having no contact with me at all. My mother remarried and began a new family. I truly felt abandoned as a child but my grandmother did the best job that she could to raise me in a positive manner.

As I progressed through my child and teenage years, I developed an affinity for using colored pencils to draw cartoon characters. In my country of Vietnam, resources were very scarce. I did not have the luxury to

utilize and afford artistic materials like crayons, markers, and specialty paper like many American children. However, my grandmother and my aunt realized that I was truly talented in my creations and planning for me to learn more about art. They felt like my talent was in my blood because my father was an artist. Although my father was not a nationally known artist, he was very popular in our own community. I truly loved art and had a strong desire to become a great and famous artist. I absolutely loved drawing. Everything about drawing seemed to interest me. Unfortunately, my mother somehow found out about my artistic talents and she forbade me from continuing my natural skill. When an authority figure speaks, one listens with no questions being asked. That rule is a tradition in my family and therefore I could not negate my mother's demands. When I eventually moved to the United States at the age of 16, I decided to pursue an education in architecture. I lived with my mother and step father with two little sisters. My mother seemed to support me in my architectural studies. However no matter how hard I tried to succeed in that major, I was a complete failure. In the back of my mind though, I still wanted to be a professional artist and would often sneak

at night to draw animals. The more I practiced my drawing skills, the more desires that I had to be a professional artist. However, the relationship with my mother started progressing downhill. We lacked the love that had been avoided for so many years as she had a new family with additional children. I attempted to move away from my mother while I was attending college because my relationship continued to wither away. As time progressed, I married the man of my dreams. My life was further fulfilled by having a baby. I ceased thinking about becoming a

professional artist. I directed all of my energy into being the best wife and mother that I could possibly be. Since I now had my own family, I realized the true importance of family and therefore decided to search for my father. When I finally found him, I realized that although he was not a great father in the past, I felt a true sense of

joy and comfort in simply being with him. My mother never made me feel that comfortable especially when she always stated that she hated the fact that I greatly resembled my dad.

Presently, I am still a housewife. Unfortunately, my social life is very limited because I devote all of my time to my family. The only free time that I seem to have is going to the market every two weeks. I attempted to return to community college which was conveniently located close to my house. Unfortunately, I could not continue my journey in the college. Baby sitting was too expensive. Additionally, the kids seemed very unhappy at school and were always crying probably because of their not knowing English very well. I felt like a failure because I had to cease my educational journey once again. However as time progressed, I decided to seek an education at AAU. I

knew that going back to school would be rather difficult. However, time passes so quickly like the blink of an eye. I realized that there is no time like the present to continue my dream of being an artist. When

I draw, I simply cannot stop my craft. I feel a deep sense of joy as I am drawing which is immensely satisfying. However, there is still some objection from my family in studying art because they feel like there will not be a prosperous employment position awaiting me when I finish my studies. Additionally, art school can be rather expensive with the amount of supplies necessary to purchase but I was fortunate enough to receive a student loan.

Nonetheless, I feel certain that I am on the right path with my educational studies in the artistic realm. I would not change my decision to study art for anything in the world. I want to prove to myself and my family that I have chosen the right path. One day, I know that I will be successful. I realize that my loving husband sacrifices a great deal of time helping out around the house and with our child so that I can concentrate on my art. Even though he often resists helping out, my husband's efforts are greatly appreciated. I know that sometimes life may not happen the way we would have desired, but with hard work, commitment, and dedication, everyone will benefit in the end.

I need someone look over it for me to fix my grammar or mistake or any suggest would be appreciation!!!!
thank you
I am a 30 year old s female born in the love month of February. Unfortunately, I do not remember very many detailshave a vague memory about my parents because they got divorced when I was very young. My parents decided to move to the United States leaving me behind in Vietnam to be raisedwith my grandmother who was solely responsible for raising me. My father virtually disappeared, having no contact with me at all. My mother remarried and began a new family. I truly felt abandoned as a child but my grandmother did theher best to prevent me becoming a disturbed child and influenced me to think positively. . job that she could to raise me in a positive manner .

As I progressed through my childhood and teenage years, I developed an affinity for using colored pencils to draw cartoon characters. In my country of Vietnam, resources were very scarce. I did not have the luxury to utilize and afford artistic materials like crayons, markers, and specialty paper likeas many American children do . However, my grandmother and my aunt realizedwere convinced of my artistic and creative talentsthat I was truly talented in my creations and planning forwished me to learn more about art. They felt likeknew my talent was in my blood because my father was an artist. Although my father was not a nationally known artist, hewho was very popular as a talented artist in our own community. I truly loved art and had a strong desire to become a great and famous artist.
OP lyly223 1 / 1  
thank you for your help, this really sound better.
Unfortunately, my mother somehow found out about myartistic talentsthat I am seriously interested in art and she forbade me from continuing my natural skillinvolvement with artistic work . When an authoritya figure with authority speaks, one must obey and listen s with no questions being asked. That rule is a family tradition in my family and therefore I could not negatechallenge my mother's demandsorders. When I eventually moved to the United States at the age of 16, I decided to pursue an education in architecture. I lived with my mother and step father with two little sisters. My mother seemed to support ed me in my architectural studies. However, no matter how hard I tried to succeed in that major, I was a complete failure. In the back of my mind though , I still wanted to be a professional artist and would often sneak out at night to draw animals. The more I practiced my drawing skillsdid draw , the more desires that I had to be a professional artistpassionately I got involved with my dream of becoming a professional artist.However,As time passed, mythe relationship with my mother startedprogressing downhill.began to strain. We lacked the love that had been avoided for so many yearslong neglected due to heras she had a new family with additional children. I attempted to move away from my mother while I was attending college because my relationship continued to wither away.(did you move away? Better be specific about it) As time progressed, I married the man of my dreams. My life was further fulfilled by having a baby. I ceased thinkingdreaming about becoming a professional artist. I directed all of my energy into beingbecame dedicated to be the best wife and mother that I could possibly beSince I now had my own family, IThis made me realizerealized the true importance of a family and therefore decided to search for my father. When I finally found him, I realized that although he was not a great father in the past, I felt a true sense ofthe joy and comfort in simply being with him.

You have a very interesting story which arouses one's emotions while reading. I enjoyed helping you with this essay. Should you need any further help, I'm ready to offer.

Good luck!

Home / Undergraduate / 'life may not happen the way we would have desired' - Autobiography essay