Life- A medley of happiness & sorrow;Bard college Sup;Short response-"True joy..."

ayushhar4270194 1 / -  
The roman philosopher Seneca, writing in the first century, wrote a letters of advice to a young friend. In the 23rd letter he wrote, "Make this your business: learn how to feel joy....True joy, believe me, is a serious thing." Write a short response to these thoughts, indicating if you wish, the extent to which you may have come to realize that Seneca was right.

Life is a medley of happiness and sorrow and an individual has to experience both joy and sorrow in his/her life. Though happiness is the ultimate goal of an individual's life, an individual may fail to feel true joy-the joy that comes from within and from heart-when happiness knocks that individual's door. So, it is very important for an individual to learn how to experience that true joy as that true joy is very important and can lead individual to success. When a doctor opens new clinic or when an entrepreneur inaugurates new enterprise, he experiences period of not only joy but true joy. If a doctor or an entrepreneur is able to feel that true delight he will be aware of the responsibilities he has to take and hard work he has to do in the near future which will ultimately help him to succeed . Hence, true joy is important and serious thing in an individual's life. I too have experienced and felt the period of true joy in my life and I agree with Seneca. It was during my admission procedure in Rato Bangala School that made me feel the true joy. I was denied admission in Rato Bangala School and was kept in wait list. When I got to know that I was wait-listed, I became sad as knew there was hardly any chance left for me to get admission in the school. It was after a week, I got a phone call from Rato Bangala School that asserted that they had selected me. It was then; I got to experience true joy. That true ecstasy was very significant to me as it had given a birth to spark within myself to show Rato Bangala family how wrong they were to deny me admission in first. The A-level curriculum in school for which I was just a beginner posed a challenge for me to prove myself to the school. But it was actually the spark of true elation still burning within myself that drove me to work hard and know my responsibilities. It was actually that spark that helped me to get highest mark in A1 final year, indulged me in extracurricular activities in spite of the difficult time I was facing to study A-levels and helped me to show Rato Bangala family how wrong they were. After that I again experienced the time of true pleasure. This time it drove me to work hard to maintain my position that I had received from hard work. This joy was successful in doing so as it acted as driving force and helped me again to get highest mark in mock examinations of A2 year with involvement in various activities and ultimately, good marks in the final Cambridge International examinations . So, yes, at least, for me Seneca was right, is right and will be right.
shailendra redd 4 / 8 2  
how wrong they were to deny me admission in first.

You must not blame others for the hard times in your life...The admissions staff doesn't expect this from you...If a school doesn't give you admission, its simply because they must have had a more qualified pool of applicants than you....This creates an image that you took the waiting list incident as a mistake of the school, whereas this is not true, the school just did its job after evaluating your records...

So I think you must alter this..

Home / Undergraduate / Life- A medley of happiness & sorrow;Bard college Sup;Short response-"True joy..."