"Life's short, don't waste it" - Yale writing supplement

queffect 1 / 1  
Hi, I have my doubts with this answer. I feel like it actually represents what I stand for
but it might be not major-specific enough. Any advice?

1. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

"Not the things I CAN, but the things I CANNOT do. Life's short, don't waste it and make good use of it;
that's what gets me up every morning and makes me to the things I love, for myself and others."

Thanks
ValC 1 / 2  
I really liked how you answered the question, i dont know if there is a specific word limit but you should try to include examples to give the reader a picture. I would also use "life is short" instead of "life's"
This sounds tremendously like two of the most famous quotations about the abilities of man. It isn't original, it isn't explained, it isn't a true inspiration. You merely took the words of others and used it to help you respond to the prompt. This is a self analysis prompt, not a "sayings" essay. So don't use the two most commonly used inspirational quotes to respond to it. Think about something that gives you a purpose in life. It could be a hobby turned advocacy, a community service that leaves you feeling well about your relationship with others, an idea that helps you create a direction for your life, or anything that helps you to direct your life for the better or improves your personality to help you be of better use to those who may require your help. I take it that you are being asked to offer a limited word statement, rather than an essay response for this question. So frame your response according to the character or word count. Don't use the reference you made above. It doesn't respond to the question at all and reads simply like a copy-paste of any general statement that can be found on any inspirational website.
OP queffect 1 / 1  
Thanks for your advice. I was actually expecting this kind of answer. Is there any possibility I can contact you in private to send you the rest of my short essays (feeling a bit uncomfortable posting them here)? Yes, please go to SERVICES (link above) and select me (Mary - Holt) from the list, thank you :)

Home / Undergraduate / "Life's short, don't waste it" - Yale writing supplement