A lighthouse faintly visible in the distance: NYU Supp! What intrigues you ?

sillybandz 6 / 20  
Please tell me if this relates to the topic. I don't know if I successfully hint at Acadia's significance to me. Thank You

When I imagine my favorite place, I don't think of the busy streets of my town that I am so used to. Instead, I picture the well-known image that can be found on a Maine postcard: not of a savory red lobster, but of a lighthouse faintly visible in the distance located high on top of the solid rocks that are smashed relentlessly by the frigid Atlantic Ocean waves. Here, on top of these rigid cliffs, I am a ruler looking down at the chaos that I cannot pacify. I turn around, my back facing the ocean. I gaze up at the mountains, my ears still attentive to the crashing waves. The range continues on to an extent, which I cannot see. Here, I know I do not have to encounter the various smells, sounds, and sights of the city. I can just relax and enjoy the superlative scenery at Acadia National Park.

I have always been intrigued by nature. Its forces capable of destroying anything, yet its beauty capable of enlivening anybody. Having explored many National Parks all throughout the West, it was a change to visit a park on the East Coast. Like all other parks, Acadia National Park is a place where I can release all my emotions into nature. Filled with mountains on one side and covered by the Atlantic Ocean on the other, this is a place where I can find serenity. On a trail up to the peak, I sit on a rock alone dazing of into my thought. While I take in the soothing sounds, I can be free.
Mein 4 / 22 2  
You should add detail about how significant the nature is to you, and I think you need more work on the first paragraph
OP sillybandz 6 / 20  
Thank you. Is there any specific part in the first paragraph that I need to work on? Are there many grammatical errors or is the idea not powerful or clear?

Home / Undergraduate / A lighthouse faintly visible in the distance: NYU Supp! What intrigues you ?