"lightning bolt" feeling - Hamilton Supplement Essay-Why Us?

nicolew 6 / 10  
This is my supplement essay for Hamilton College. I feel like it's kind of an unconventional essay...what are your thoughts? Thanks!

I'm a fairly organized person. I keep my binders for school neat, clean out my computer a few times a year, and like things to be fairly uniform and uncluttered. When I started looking at colleges, that same mentality held true. Walking around campus's, the ones that held my attention were those with matching buildings and definite structure.

The first time I set foot on Hamilton's campus, that's not what I saw. I saw mismatched building and a laid back, seemingly disordered setup. It was nothing like the others schools that I thought I liked; it didn't fit my "formula" for a college. Nevertheless, as a walked around, I abandoned my organized mentality. I knew I was on a campus where the students were challenged academically, were intellectually engaged, and worked hard to succeed. However, I didn't get a stressed out feeling from anyone on Hamilton's campus as I had from some of the more structured and uniform campuses. I loved how relaxed everything felt.

I'll admit, I didn't have that immediate "lightning bolt" feeling that you're supposed to get when you love a school. Hamilton snuck up on me, until the point where I looked around and saw that Hamilton College was exactly what I had been looking for, even though I hadn't known it at the time.
furya21 1 / 4  
Besides some grammar errors, it's a decent essay. I'd rather end the essay by cutting out "even though I hadn't known at the time." Seems less cliche.

Home / Undergraduate / "lightning bolt" feeling - Hamilton Supplement Essay-Why Us?