Like jellybean, Mac contains has a unique flavor; Why mac?

rew2402 5 / 21  
so, although the thought was interesting, i couldnt implement it properly.
also, there might be few errors in relating jellybean and the quality-

What factors have led you to consider Macalester College? Why do you believe it may be a good match, and what do you believe you can add to the Mac community, academically and personally

I ripped open the bag and colourful jellybeans exploded everywhere. Each jellybean reminds me of the Macalester College. Just as each jellybean has a unique flavour, Mac consists of every unique flavour.

Born and brought up in India, I have never had an opportunity to choose the subject of my curriculum, as the government has always decided for me. I believe that the most valuable education I can receive is the education I obtain by my own initiative, curiosity, and passion. It is Mac's liberal arts curriculum that really entices me. Studying at Macalester would allow me to combine my passions and take courses in Biology, Psychology and Human rights and at the same time. Pop. I eat a jellybean for the curriculum.

While researching about different colleges in senior year, Macalester College caught my eye. Being an extensive traveller, I knew I would only fit in well in a college with diversity. Mac is a college where one can sip Japanese tea, eat British cakes, while listening to the spicy Indian story of a girl with an African accent, on the beautiful lands of America.. With students from over 95 different countries, Mac is one of the most diverse college on the globe. Pop. I eat another jellybean for diversity.

Mac is located near the beautiful Twin Cities. As an international student, my parents are scared about me attending a college in a foreign land. It gives them a relief to know that the city where Mac is located is amongst the safest cities in U.S.A, as listed by the Forbes magazine. To me, giving back to the community always comes first. Mac has a unique orientation tradition known as "Into the Streets," in which members of each first-year course go into the Twin Cities community to see how their course topic connects to the Cities. The city also offers a wide range of research and internship opportunities to bring out a person out of its cocoon. Pop pop. I pop in two jellybeans; one for the safety and another for innovative learning.

Mac has always been a trendsetter. It was the first college in the whole of America which hosted the flag of the United Nation on its campus. For astronomy enthusiasts, there is an observatory and one can also catch a beautiful view of campus and the Minneapolis skyline off in the distance. Mac knows that there is still a child in every person's heart, which is why it houses the Children's Reading Room which is full of favourite childhood books, tiny chairs, stuffed animals, and huge bean bags. These gems in Macalester College only add to the plethora of mystery than is calling me to go on a hunt for. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Pop. Pop. Pop. I see myself spending my next 4 years in Macalester College, meeting extraordinary people, being a Scot, exploring the resources of one of the world's best colleges and having every opportunity to transform my life's possibility. My ultimate goal is to share my wealth of unique characteristics with a large group of people who share the same desire. I still have many jellybeans describing why I and Mac are perfect for each other. In my eyes, Macalester College is the right place to go to find this group of people.
Mein 4 / 22 2  
Born and brought up in India, I have never had an opportunity to choose the subject of my curriculum, as the government has always decided for me. (It's up to you, but I think you don't need to add this information.)

Studying at Macalester would allow me to combine my passions for Biology, Psychology and Human rights and at the same time.

Being a extensive traveller(Only people who travel a lot will call themselves traveller) , I knew I would only (Wouldn't that mean you won't fit in another college?) fit in well in a college with diversity.

As an international student, (You don't need to restate it) my parents are scared about me attending a college in a foreign land, and it gives them a relief to know that the city where Mac is located is amongst the safest cities in U.S.A, as listed by the Forbes magazine.

To me, giving back to the community always comes first. (Bring this sentence behind and change the structure like: since... or something like that. The other alternative is to change the sentence after this to become: and Mac's unique... fits me perfectly) Mac has a unique orientation tradition known as "Into the Streets," in which members of each first-year course go into the Twin Cities community to see how their course topic connects to the Cities.

I can see myself spending my next 4 years in Macalester College,

I still have many jellybeans describing why I and Mac are perfect for each other. (It disconnects 2 sentences around it.) In my eyes, Macalester College is the right place to go to find this group of people.

Well, the essay itself is quiet interesting, the analogy is unique and each part makes me want to read the next one. Keep up the good work!
paigeevaa 4 / 9 3  
Try not to use Mac, I would type out the full name. Other than that it is really interesting

Home / Undergraduate / Like jellybean, Mac contains has a unique flavor; Why mac?