like old Alexander to America; HAMILTON/ WHY?

amaterrapper 3 / 3 1  
I know this approach doesnt seem right, hope you guys can lend me a hand! Criticism would be much appreciated.

Please Describe Your Reasons for Applying to Hamilton: (3000 characters)

When I read novels, Jane Eyre for example, I become curious about everything from the language, the plot to petty details like Jane's measurements. When I study literature, it makes me crave for religion, politics, psychology, etc. In other words, literature is like an elaborate teaser, one that entices the mind to be greedy. So, what place is there to feed my intellectual avarice better than a liberal arts college, and what college's curriculum is more generous than Hamilton's? I say "None", and I want my stellar buffet whose cooks are among the best of the country.

Nevertheless if one grasps all, one loses all. So, among the various courses I could choose, I choose English as the main one; and among the various exciting experiences are there, I choose Hamilton's to desire. This run of logic mirrors my way of life: passion first. Hamilton emphasizes English and writing with utmost dedication; my spirit senses its call and it follows. Such was the story of my decision, yet there is more, there is the story of hope.

I sometimes imagine what would become of me if I was accepted. Would I fit in and repay Hamilton faithfully? My musing soon reminds me the relationship between old Alexander and America. Had it not been for his brilliant scheme, America would not have stabilized and thrived. Likewise, if America was not the right nation, Hamilton's plan might never work. I believe I am right for Hamilton; I believe and I write:

I say Hamilton is to me
like old Alexander to America
That weak and loose now I be
Four years and mind shall sharper
Four years and eyes shall clearer
Four years and sense shall keener
Four years and all shall alter
like old Alexander to America
I say Hamilton is to me
hpdwnsn95 3 / 4  
I really like the poem, that's something really unique that admissions won't see from other students! I love it!

Home / Undergraduate / like old Alexander to America; HAMILTON/ WHY?