"Not limiting what a student should study" - Brown essay, why brown?

n1rvana92 1 / -  
This is a first draft any help is welcome.

Most other schools that I've looked at approach a college education as a path to a career, or as a way to pass information on to students that they feel will be applicable to a student's future profession. Brown on the other hand does not limit what a student should study. You can design your own major or take classes completely unrelated to your major just because they intrigue you. Brown helps you be innovative, but more importantly it gives you an opportunity to explore your intellectual passions. In today's world people change jobs numerous times in their careers, often in unrelated fields. In my eyes a Brown education prepares you for this world by transforming you into a person who will succeed through adaptation and innovation.
lapetitecygne 7 / 16  
is there a word limit? use less of "you" and more of "me" and "I" because you're the one who's applying after all! maybe it could be more specific as well?

take a look at mine, too? thanks :)
jz7 6 / 21  
Hi
I find this answer to be wayy to general.

Almost every other school, you can create your own major and Brown AOs would probably not appreciate this.

Try doing some research and relating it to yourself, adjusting the question a bit as "Why is brown unique? What do you like about brown" possible specific academic programs that are only offered at Brown. You have around 200 characters left, you should use that wisely!!

Hope that helped! Check out mine too?

Home / Undergraduate / "Not limiting what a student should study" - Brown essay, why brown?