Listening to calm, soothing music; MIT short answer/ What I do for pleasure

Sapphire 8 / 10  
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which is required by you. Tell us something that you do for the pleasure of it. (100 words)

Listening to calm, soothing music is something that I enjoy very much. The music will comfort me when I am depress and calm me down when I am angry. The most important thing is that it gives me inspiration. When I experience writer's block, listening to music enables me to put a pen to paper. While listening to music at night, I will recall my day. Recalling things that I have done or encountered throughout the day made me realized the mistakes I have made or my proud moment. I would improve myself to become a better man.

Please check for grammar mistakes. I feel that the last two sentences is a bit weird. Is there any way to rephrase them? Do I need to be give more specific examples?
surfsandiego 3 / 14  
"The music COMFORTS me when I am DEPRESSED and CALMS me down when I am angry.

The most important thing THAT MUSIC DOES FOR ME IS GIVE ME INSPIRATION

The last two sentences also need work, good luck.
Oh1 surfsandiego took all the good corrections before I could get to them! here is an idea, though:

The most important ways in which music benefits me is to give me inspiration.

You could replace the last sentences with a meaningful idea about adding rhythm to your life, or living with rhythm... or the music that comes from within you, which you will bring with you to this school.
gmanz 3 / 5  
how about adding a little more detail to make it interesting?
example :

" listening to Bach, i feel as if every melodious note slowly peels away at the anxities of my day that have formed like a hard shell around me"

Home / Undergraduate / Listening to calm, soothing music; MIT short answer/ What I do for pleasure