A Little About Me

JB123 1 / 1  
It is three weeks before the start of your freshman year at BU, and you are talking to your new roommate for the first time. Since you are trying to get to know each other, what are a few things you would want to share about who you are?

It is hard for me to believe that soon the crucial time will come when I will be leaving the (sometimes overly) protective bubble that my parents have created for me at home and will be entering the real world in which I will be a major participant and contestant. The next few months will bring us valuable experiences as we ripen from firm green banana's to brown mushy ones who will welcome the sights of our cozy suburban homes for the winter break. Only to recuperate again and itch to come back to the exciting and fast paced life of college. I'm excited to be your roommate and would like to tell you a little about myself before we meet outside of the virtual realm of Facebook. To start off

I talk in my sleep.
A lot.
At sleepovers when I was little it would startle my friends when in the middle of the night I would start talking, usually in a loud monotone voice that is acquired by many sleepwalkers as myself. Saying (as they later told me) something about looking for my missing hamster. The next morning what alarmed me was not the fact that I was talking in my sleep, because this was an unwelcome "habit" that my family has countlessly informed me of, but the fact that I had a dream about a hamster. Because along with talking in my sleep I do not like rodents.

Aside from that I would also like to assure you that I am a people pleaser. I say assure because I believe that this quality of mine has made it hard for me to get into arguments with others. For I am certain that this transition into tightly-spaced-all-nighters-coffe-and-work-hard-play-hard college life will be quite the transition for the both of us and that there may be reason for the occasional misunderstanding to arise.

Also, I want to add that while I might not be eligible to be featured on "Hoarders", I tend to misplace my own things very often. I say this with caution because I know that everyone fears the slob roommate who's side of the dorm is a flurry of las

ts nights pizza and three weeks worth of laundry. I want to clarify that while I might not be a neat freak, I do believe in the power of cleanliness and will try to keep tidy. Just be ready for frequent outburst of frenzy as I search for my keys or cell phone 45 seconds before I have to leave.

Things unrelated, but equally important that you might want to know about me is that I believe that you are the product of every person you've ever met, leading me to take the people in my life seriously. I'm not only also fluent in German but in Sarcasm, I also like to start conversations and can easily talk to anyone. I like sock sliding and watching late night television when I can. I like to sing in the shower and will approve of you doing so as well. I like eating oatmeal at anytime of the day. I'm a realist. I've been known to put my heart and soul into things. I like discussions, debates, and comfortable silence. I like open-mindedness and am willing to accept people for who they are and find myself expecting others to do the same. I like venting and listening to other people vent. I am a self-proclaimed comedian when I'm with good friends. And I'm also sure that I will like you as we get to know each other this coming semester.
jonnyboy2 3 / 4  
Try not to throw in parenthetical statements too much. You want it to be casual, but not too much.

I like how its very creative and personalized though! Your admissions officer will enjoy reading it!
Prettywings 1 / 74  
all-nighters-coffee -and-work-hard

night' s pizza

I enjoyed reading your essay. The only suggestion I would make is to have a more creative ending. You did such a great job and was so creative that when I reached the ending, I expected a fun anecdote or a dab of sarcasm. Other than that, I think you did a good job on your essay.

Home / Undergraduate / A Little About Me